PDA

View Full Version : Senior Night: McCauley, Fells, Harris

Derreck
4th March 2009, 15:08
Tonight is the last night these three will ever suite up for a Home game for NC State. These three men have put in a lot of hours, blood, sweat, and tears into this program. We did not achieve the results we had hoped during their tenure but it was not from lack of effort. Lets give these three and the team support tonight in their last home game.

avisocan
4th March 2009, 16:01
Damn... Time sure does fly. These three are going to be missed!

Ken Stallings
4th March 2009, 18:24
Game on ESPNU and the team's playing well so far.

Ken

Stephen Sparks
4th March 2009, 18:28
Hope they can go out with a bang. Thanks Ben, Cortney and Simon for all the effort and time spent being athletes for my alma mater(sp?).

You three have been fine representatives of NC State.

Ken Stallings
4th March 2009, 18:46
Hands down that was one of the best halves of basketball I've seen an NC State team play in a long time. BC came out smoking hot -- 9-10 from the field. Then, State withstood that challenge and ended up finishing the first half up nearly 10 points.

Very impressive effort. Keep it going through the second half and this will be a statement game.

Ken

Ken Stallings
4th March 2009, 19:55
Now how fitting is that! McCauley grabs the most critical defensive rebound of the game and then hits the free throws to ice the game! A senior moment where the senior delivers.

Ken

gjones1968
5th March 2009, 07:40
Didn't see the game but from the highlights looks like Ben was a beast!!!!!!

This team may have found a leader afterall. He'll be gone after this year but, hopefully someone will see his example and pick up where he leaves off.

D Wolf
5th March 2009, 13:06
Didn't see the game but from the highlights looks like Ben was a beast!!!!!!

This team may have found a leader afterall. He'll be gone after this year but, hopefully someone will see his example and pick up where he leaves off.

Agreed. It would be nice if Costner would return and adopt that mindset.

LSmith
5th March 2009, 13:29
Agreed. It would be nice if Costner would return and adopt that mindset.

I did see Costner make some good hustle plays in the 1rst half (did not get to see the 2nd) last night.

Derreck
5th March 2009, 16:02
I am actually a little peed w/ coach Lowe. Why in the world did Simon Harris not start?

Steve M
6th March 2009, 11:54
I did not see the tip off, but the announcers mentioned that he did start when he came in later in the game. Even gave Lowe kudos for doing so.

Derreck
6th March 2009, 12:36
I did not see the tip off, but the announcers mentioned that he did start when he came in later in the game. Even gave Lowe kudos for doing so.

The same announcers that Said Michael Thompson played for NC State instead of David Thompson? I was at the game, Harris did not start.

Matt Nicholson
6th March 2009, 15:58
The announcers were absolutely bottom-of-the-barrel bad. They were so unprepared and unknowledgeable is was pathetic...

Derreck
6th March 2009, 16:03
The announcers were absolutely bottom-of-the-barrel bad. They were so unprepared and unknowledgeable is was pathetic...

Yea, I DVR'ed the game and watched the game again when I got home. I had to mute the TV, they were horrid.

Eshack
6th March 2009, 18:48
They were terrible!

They kept yapping about State shooting 56% from the free throw line!:rolleyes:

Ken Stallings
6th March 2009, 20:00
I am actually a little peed w/ coach Lowe. Why in the world did Simon Harris not start?

Beyond interesting considering his dad is an assistant coach!

I know Lowe wants wins, but you have to give the senior at least a few minutes starting time. If nothing else, they'll sell out and perhaps spark something.

Ken

packinjax
7th March 2009, 09:02
Tim Wells...