PDA

View Full Version : Lowe Sounds the Alarm

avisocan
9th May 2009, 12:14
Not sure how many 'Canes fans there are here -- and this is more hockey related than basketball. But, Sidney was on hand for last night's 'Canes game and sounded the Hurricane Siren before the Cane's took the ice. Wearing Brind'Amour's jersey, Lowe looked like he was having a large time.

The previous home game against the Bs, Cowher had the honors. He had that siren wailing like no other! I thought he was going to knock Stormy over during the process.

In any event, glad to see the 'Canes organization get our alumni involved with the festivities.

Ken Stallings
9th May 2009, 21:03
Bill Cowher before Sidney! I really respect the Karmonos' for the way they've embraced NC State. Remember, Peter agreed to repaint and reupholster all the seats because the first shade of red did not precisely match the red we use.

He spent a lot of his money to make that perfect.

The reason the Cane's sweaters are red and white with black trim is to match our school colors.

I'm a huge Caniac and have been from the start because I've always loved hockey. It's a great sport to watch in person, especially if you have a seat near the glass. But it's also great on TV.

Ken

Mad Gene Vane
11th May 2009, 18:27
The one thing I have against the Hurricanes, is they forced the Ice Caps to move out of Raleigh. I loved going to Dorton Arena and watching the Ice Caps play.

Prowling Woofie
12th May 2009, 00:57
I remember my first Canes game, after having been to several Ice Caps games...

My first impression was " So this is REAL hockey !!!". Night and Day, although the Caps games were fun (and FREEZING inside Dorton !).

avisocan
12th May 2009, 11:55
Cowher and Lowe working the siren:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1xo-4_VnrM

Ken Stallings
12th May 2009, 18:06
Sorry Coach, but Cowher's was longer! :D

OK, Strutter, keep the thoughts clean!!!!

Ken