PDA

View Full Version : Wall commits to Kentucky

Derreck
19th May 2009, 07:44
It is FINALLY over.... and as Curly Bill from Tombstone Says... Well, Bye!

Derreck
19th May 2009, 07:58
OK, never mind. Apparently Brian Clifton committed Wall to Kentucky even though Wall still has not talked to the UK coaches... :eek:

Will this EVER end?

Derreck
19th May 2009, 08:45
http://www.zagsblog.com/

The word is starting to filter out everywhere now that Wall has talked to the Kentucky coaches and committed. It's a shame that the Cliftons went public before Wall had a chance to talk to Coach Cal.

Speaking of coach Cal, his recruiting hall has to be one of the most impressive EVER!

avisocan
19th May 2009, 10:27
Good luck to John Wall; I'm glad this is over.

Any idea on how this might affect CJ Leslie?

Edit: This evening, on PTI, they were saying UK is now four schollies over the limit...

Ken Stallings
19th May 2009, 17:09
http://www.zagsblog.com/

The word is starting to filter out everywhere now that Wall has talked to the Kentucky coaches and committed. It's a shame that the Cliftons went public before Wall had a chance to talk to Coach Cal.

Speaking of coach Cal, his recruiting hall has to be one of the most impressive EVER!

Are you really surprised, Derreck? I'm not in the least!

The Clifton's are also on PUBLIC record as intending to be Wall's agent for his NBA negotiations next season! How does that square with "contact with a sports agent" clause in the NCAA bylaws?

John Wall is an NCAA violation before he even signs his LOI!

One more point: the ESPN news article states that Wall gave Miami an "unofficial commitment" with an unstipulated string attached. Why even bother telling the Miami coaching staff something like that and then less than a week later inform Kentucky's staff you're headed their way!

This kid's got bad news written all over him. He doesn't even pretend to respect the amateur status of college athletics. He's professional in waiting. Anyone want to take bets against the Clifton brothers handing money to Wall for expenses?

The whole college basketball scene stinks to high heaven. The AAU circuit has eclipsed high school basketball and if the NCAA doesn't rein it in then the whole system implodes as there's no mechanism to put 50% of Div-1A programs on probation at the same time and if the AAU coaches aren't reined in, then you can bet before much longer 50% of recruits will have NCAA taint on their hands by virtue of the contacts and actions they took while playing for AAU coaches/agents.

Ken

Ken Stallings
19th May 2009, 17:11
Good luck to John Wall; I'm glad this is over.

Any idea on how this might affect CJ Leslie?

Edit: This evening, on PTI, they were saying UK is now four schollies over the limit...

And precisely what about Calipari makes you think for a second he won't cut players to make room for the players he thinks are better?

Leslie is another associate of the Clifton brothers. Considering their statements about being agents in waiting for John Wall, I think NC State should notify any high school recruit that association with the Clifton's puts you on a no-recruit list. We don't need the NCAA scrutiny the Cliftons will undoubtedly cause for Kentucky in the near future!

Ken

Ken Stallings
19th May 2009, 20:02
It is FINALLY over.... and as Curly Bill from Tombstone Says... Well, Bye!

LOL!! So you watched that series also! I watched that while deployed in Afghanistan and got so hooked on it I came home and ordered the entire series on DVD. Was kind of PO'd to find out they may or may not actually finish the dang thing. I guess there's talk of a few movies to tie up the loose strings.

Ken

STRUTTER
19th May 2009, 20:28
yaaaay! ....there is a cure for cancer.....send it to Kentucky!

Ken Stallings
19th May 2009, 21:14
LOL!!!

That's the line of the week! :D

packinjax
20th May 2009, 07:53
We'll have to wait until the end of the season to see if he's the cure or the cancer...

LSmith
20th May 2009, 22:14
Leslie is another associate of the Clifton brothers. Considering their statements about being agents in waiting for John Wall, I think NC State should notify any high school recruit that association with the Clifton's puts you on a no-recruit list. We don't need the NCAA scrutiny the Cliftons will undoubtedly cause for Kentucky in the near future!

The general rule for all NCAA coaches is if you cannot approach the player directly without having to talk to these damn leeches the recruit is off limits. That would put these scumbags like the Clifton's out of business. That appears to be the policies of both Roy and Gary Williams. It is my understanding that is why Roy did not speak with Wall until so late in the recruiting process because Roy refused to speak to the Clifton bastards and that it was Wall's initiative.

STRUTTER
20th May 2009, 22:43
We'll have to wait until the end of the season to see if he's the cure or the cancer...

One and done, with a little baggage.....I'm willing to bet the farm he ain't the cure. He went with Cal, cause Cal don't care.

STRUTTER
21st May 2009, 00:00
I'd also be willing to bet his offer to NCSU was rescinded...though we will probably never know

gjones1968
21st May 2009, 08:45
That wouldn't surprise me at all.

Matt Nicholson
21st May 2009, 09:14
<---called it 2 weeks ago.

Not a surprise. I'd go there too....

gjones1968
27th May 2009, 13:25
I meant the offer from State being pulled off the table, after his run in with the law.

STRUTTER
27th May 2009, 19:41
I think it was taken off the table once Harrow committed...