PDA

View Full Version : NC State ranks #13 by Scout.com

Ken Stallings
19th May 2009, 16:22
Well, depends upon how much stock you put in these recruiting services. Frankly, I don't put much. Scout doesn't consider Scott Wood a top 100 player, but other recruiting services consider him a top 75 player.

Nevertheless, Scout.com ranks NC State's 2009-10 recruiting class #13 in the nation.

http://northcarolinastate.scout.com/a.z?s=178&p=9&c=14&cfg=bb&yr=2009

This puts us fourth in the conference.

Ken

Matt Nicholson
21st May 2009, 08:19
Truly amazing that a class that good is only 4th best in conference.

avisocan
21st May 2009, 10:01
Truly amazing that a class that good is only 4th best in conference.

If it translates to the Pack being the 4th best team in the conference - I think that is a marked improvement over where we are now.

Matt Nicholson
21st May 2009, 20:40
Where does this rank as far as the last 20 years for us? Best since Monroe/Corch?

STRUTTER
21st May 2009, 23:09
11th according to ESPN

gjones1968
22nd May 2009, 09:20
Looks like Lowe's getting the hang of this.

Matt Nicholson
22nd May 2009, 12:29
Recruiting? Yes....

gjones1968
22nd May 2009, 13:08
I'm sure the Duke Folks had the same doubts we do but, their coach was able to alay their fears and it looks like Lowe will do the same for us. I will say this though, the backcourt issue must be resolved this year. If it isn't things could remain restless in Raleigh.

avisocan
22nd May 2009, 17:56
I'm sure the Duke Folks had the same doubts we do but, their coach was able to alay their fears and it looks like Lowe will do the same for us. I will say this though, the backcourt issue must be resolved this year. If it isn't things could remain restless in Raleigh.

IMHO, I think we'll see marked improvement this year, but we won't be where we'd like to be until next year.

gjones1968
26th May 2009, 11:04
I agree. In the next three years collectively, we should see marked improvement.

Matt Nicholson
26th May 2009, 18:53
One thing I have learned is to absolutely NOT make any predictions about "improvement" or wins or anything positive about NCSU basketball. Never, ever again.....

D Wolf
27th May 2009, 06:02
One thing I have learned is to absolutely NOT make any predictions about "improvement" or wins or anything positive about NCSU basketball. Never, ever again.....

Hahaha Matt, me too.

Stephen Sparks
31st May 2009, 17:51
As long as we continue to get classes that rank in or very near the top 10 State will improve in both the NCAA and the ACC. As much as I dislike ewenc, Dean Smith did a few things consistantly. One was he always had one of the top classes in the nation. Not all his recruits panned out, but his classes overall contributed to the program very well. Second he was a fixture in the NCAA tournament. The 13 consecutive Sweet 16 appearances are the most ever. It's no coincidence that his recruiting played a huge role in getting ewenc to the 2nd weekend of March Madness.

Granted Lowe has yet to prove that he can get his teams to the dance, but I believe that he isn't that far off. Patience, patience my friends we're getting there and it won't be soon till we start to reap the benfits of the solid classes that Lowe has been able to land thus far.