PDA

View Full Version : Central

Matt Nicholson
30th January 2010, 10:48
I have no plans to be at or listen to the game, but anything less than a win by 25+ with the 4th and 5th string guys in at the end for significant mop-up time is completely unacceptable. This game should not be close 30 seconds into it. 10 point lead by forst time out and they should get that close for the rest of the game.

Prowling Woofie
30th January 2010, 12:21
From another thread:

This team needs to blow NCCU off the court - they should win by 40+ points. At some point, you have to demonstrate some pride and killer instinct. If they don't have the desire and rage to take out their frustration of the past two outings against a woefully outmanned Eagles team, they may not have the heart needed to win another game this season. No mercy - pluck the Eagles !

Ken Stallings
30th January 2010, 12:27
I have no plans to be at or listen to the game, but anything less than a win by 25+ with the 4th and 5th string guys in at the end for significant mop-up time is completely unacceptable. This game should not be close 30 seconds into it. 10 point lead by forst time out and they should get that close for the rest of the game.

Matt, you do know that the college rosters have between 12 and 15 players total, right? NC State's roster has precisely 15 total players.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/teams/roster?teamId=152

Nothing other than a third stringer in the college game.

Ken

Prowling Woofie
30th January 2010, 13:20
We're turning the ball over at a more-rapid-than-usual rate and losing, 11-6...

LSmith
30th January 2010, 13:22
Good Start.:( Behind 9-4 at the 15:30 mark.

avisocan
30th January 2010, 13:39
Had tickets to this game -- opted to take my son sledding with his friends instead. Good choice IMHO.

Prowling Woofie
30th January 2010, 13:51
27-20, Wolfpack at half.

Think about that - let it sink in... We have 27 points at halftime against a team that has 4 victories this year - only one of which occurred against an NCAA team. And that was a Div III team !!!

packinjax
30th January 2010, 14:56
75-42 less than a minute, bench cleared. Slow start to game (partly NCCU playing slow, kind of like we used to do), but 2nd half did what was expected.

Prowling Woofie
30th January 2010, 14:57
That's the final - 77-42.

50-22 in the second half. More like it

Ken Stallings
30th January 2010, 16:18
I'm sure Sid chewed the team out fiercely at halftime and well so! 27-20 at half against Central! No, I cannot chew on that enough. Paint peeling time in the locker room was in order!

I did not listen to the game on Pack Pride. Figured it would be what it turned out to be. It was a cupcake in the second half of the season. Taste good, but doesn't last long!

Back to business now!

Ken

Matt Nicholson
30th January 2010, 18:08
Matt, you do know that the college rosters have between 12 and 15 players total, right? NC State's roster has precisely 15 total players.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/teams/roster?teamId=152

Nothing other than a third stringer in the college game.

Ken

Hyperbole. (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hyperbole)

Matt Nicholson
30th January 2010, 18:13
I accidentally ran across the game while out running some errands this afternoon. When I heard the score was 21-20, I nearly ran into a tree on purpose. I'm glad they decided to play in the 2nd half. If we could find 4-5 more wins I think we have a decent NIT resume.

BTW, I don't care what the weather was like. An announced attendance of 2,200 is embarasing...

Ken Stallings
31st January 2010, 13:58
But Matt, didn't you say earlier you had not planned to attend the game? No harm intended by the observation, but I live over 1,000 miles away from Raleigh. On a Saturday afternoon, regardless of the competition, I sure would have bought a ticket to be at the game if I lived in the area, my friend. The reason the attendance was as it was is because a lot of people made the same tactical decision you made. :)

And Matt, as a 46 year old man, I could have done without the linked definition to the word hyperbole. I'm well acquanted with its meaning.

Cheers,

Ken

Ken Stallings
31st January 2010, 15:23
Two things came out of this game. Our walk on player, and number 15 on the depth chart but number one in the hearts of the Pack nation, Enrico Kufuor, stole the ball and made a layup! Jordan Vandenberg and Josh Davis also scored, rounding out the reserves getting minutes and hitting the score books.

However, on the negative end, Javier Gonzalez was benched to start the game for breaking a team rule. I'm glad Sid is laying down the law. He's not going to make the same mistake he did last season where by his own admission he didn't crack the whip enough. Hopefully, Javy got the message!

Ken

Stephen Sparks
31st January 2010, 16:55
We won. Woo Hoo. A cupcake game sandwiched in between the meat of the ACC Schedule. We won though. Maybe this win will refocus the guys and they can come back to the rest of the season with the same intensity they played in the Duke game.

Matt Nicholson
31st January 2010, 20:08
But Matt, didn't you say earlier you had not planned to attend the game? No harm intended by the observation, but I live over 1,000 miles away from Raleigh. On a Saturday afternoon, regardless of the competition, I sure would have bought a ticket to be at the game if I lived in the area, my friend. The reason the attendance was as it was is because a lot of people made the same tactical decision you made. :)

And Matt, as a 46 year old man, I could have done without the linked definition to the word hyperbole. I'm well acquanted with its meaning.

Cheers,

Ken

I'm about 200 miles from Raleigh, for the record. If I had purchased a ticket, I would absolutely have been there.

As a 38 year old man, I am well aquainted with how many roster positions there are....

:)

Ken Stallings
1st February 2010, 19:54
OK, Matt, let's abandon the tit-for-tat. The entire rest of your post was quite detailed and litteral. Certainly there was no hyperbole regarding expecting the Pack to beat Central by at least 30 points. I would add that we all expected that as a minimum standard in all seriousness.

Therefore, I would suggest that if you have hyperbole inserted into an otherwise litteral requirement, you consider adding an imocon (like the wink) on the part you are exaggerating about.

Can we move on now?

Ken