PDA

View Full Version : VT

Derreck
8th February 2010, 18:40
We rallied and almost beat GT, up next is VT.

Ken Stallings
8th February 2010, 19:12
I'm keeping the marquee focused on the server migration because that's a general forum announcement. However, this team is in desperate need for a victory.

Ken

Derreck
8th February 2010, 19:47
I hope we have a repeat of what happened after Clemson. We rallied and came up just short then the next game laid the wood to Duke. Well, we rallied against GT but just came up short...

Prowling Woofie
9th February 2010, 14:11
Hope you're right, Derreck !

LSmith
10th February 2010, 12:16
Any word on Degand's status for this game?

Steve M
10th February 2010, 13:58
Has VT won a game in the RBC?

Prowling Woofie
10th February 2010, 14:27
Not yet...

Derreck
10th February 2010, 19:58
Any word on Degand's status for this game?

He is going through warm ups so who knows.

LSmith
10th February 2010, 20:22
The 1 rst 6 minutes of the game VT is shooting 100% at 9-9 with a 18 point lead in our house. We are 3-12 at 27%. Same old thing. Getting lit up in our house!

Ken Stallings
10th February 2010, 20:28
Oh my God! 26-9 Va Tech at home! This is horrible!

The crowd is as quiet as a church mouse on Lent!

Ken

Derreck
10th February 2010, 20:29
I am through defending this coach and team... I cannot believe I drove all the way to Raleigh for this.

Ken Stallings
10th February 2010, 20:30
I am through defending this coach and team... I cannot believe I drove all the way to Raleigh for this.

Are you posting from the game?

Ken

Derreck
10th February 2010, 20:34
Are you posting from the game?

Ken

Yes, from my friends blackberry

Ken Stallings
10th February 2010, 20:47
Well, at least the Va Tech lead is trimmed to ten.

But the crowd is quieter than I've ever heard a crowd in my life at an NC State basketball game.

Ken

Ken Stallings
10th February 2010, 20:56
Jesus H. Christ!

I guess a Va Tech player has to break one of our player's bones to get a foul call made!

That was as clear a foul as can be to end the half and all the officials swallowed their whistles. In my entire 46-year life of watching basketball I've never seen such a blatant foul not called in a college basketball game.

Ken

Derreck
10th February 2010, 20:58
Holy (&*^&%$^$ how was that not a foul?

Teddy Valentine )(*(&*^&%^$$%$%&^&*((**^^$##%%&* sucks.

LSmith
10th February 2010, 21:02
Why don't we just strap on helmets and shoulder pads for the 2nd half with these refs??? This is absolutely crazy!! Mays should have been shooting 3 free throws to end the half. Not even close!!! Our bigs are getting literally tackled in the paint. These guys must be pissed that they are not calling the Duke/UNC game tonight. No way they can be that horrible and ref on this level!!

LSmith
10th February 2010, 21:41
We are shooting 30%, 0% (0-12) from the perimeter, and 50% from the line deep in the 2nd half in our freaking house!!!! We cannot make a damn layup!!!! VT (the worst fg percentage team in the conference) is shooting 61%, 50% from 3 in our house!!! No excuse!!!!

Mad Gene Vane
10th February 2010, 21:43
I'd bother complaining about the officiating, but the game has been so far out of contention it's not really making much of a difference. We've done more to cost ourselves this game than any non-calls by the refs.

Ken Stallings
10th February 2010, 21:45
After the UNC game, I was royally pissed off. Right now, I'm just plain empty on the inside.

Va Tech isn't an elite team in the conference this season, and they are treating us like their chumps in our barn.

This cannot be tolerated.

Ken

Ken Stallings
10th February 2010, 21:53
I swear Derreck, the barn is so quiet if you stood up and yelled out my name I believe i could hear you on the TV!

Ken

Ken Stallings
10th February 2010, 21:54
0 - 11 from the three line!

Words fail!

Ken Stallings
10th February 2010, 21:56
Great! Seth Greenberg is emptying his bench.

IN OUR BARN!!!!

Ken Stallings
10th February 2010, 22:02
I forced myself to watch this abortion on our home court. I saw players going down the court with shoulders slumped. This is the first time this year I've seen evidence of the team quitting.

We got beat by 20 points in the RBC. This ranks with the worst humiliations during Herb's tenure. And any time you compare someone to Herb Sendek, it's a bad omen!

Recruiting class regardless this is something that simply cannot be tolerated. This keeps happening, Sid gets precisely next year to turn it around or I will be calling for his head on a platter.

This keeps happening, and I cannot fault anyone calling for his head on a platter this season.

No one earns a lifetime contract in a job. All paid positions come down to performance and this kind of terrible performance should be taken as an indication you aren't up for the task. I cannot imagine watching a worse performance.

Disgusting, pitiful, disgraceful ... you fill in the adjectives. It all comes down to being humiliated on your court and that simply cannot happen.

Ken

LSmith
10th February 2010, 22:20
First time since 1989 that we have failed to make a 3 pointer in a game. My box score says 0-13. 30.3% shooting from the field. Other teams defenses are getting way too much credit for our shooting woes. This is simply a team playing with absolutely no confidence.

Prowling Woofie
10th February 2010, 22:34
Dang, Ken - you sound like me ;)

Eshack
11th February 2010, 06:48
I've been putting this off for a good while, but it is clear to me that this coaching staff will not get State where it needs to be. Four years into this and we are horrible. "IF" we had an AD that was worth a damn, I think a deal to bring in a Greg Marshall should be quietly made and Sid step down at the end of the season. NC State basketball can not get much worse......
Another year of Sid and this mess is just not acceptable. I'm tired of excuses!

Prowling Woofie
11th February 2010, 07:24
I didn't even watch the game last night; flipped the channel from the Duke/UNC game long enough to get an update (we were down by 13 at the time) and figured my blood pressure didn't need it. Plus, I like watching games where the teams actually put the ball IN the basket.

Expected the loss, just not the apparent totality of the beating. 30% from the floor, 0.00% from 3, 60% from the charity stripe.

VT, a horrible shooting team, goes for over 50% from the floor, and could've 'subbed the scrubs' from the midway point in the first half.

Pretty soon, the 'cupcakes' on our OOC schedule aren't going to want to play us, because - even though they can win - we'll damage their RPI too much...

One more stat - State had 27 Offensive rebounds, but only 12 second chance points. Holy smoke....

avisocan
11th February 2010, 09:51
After the UNC game, I was royally pissed off. Right now, I'm just plain empty on the inside.

Sadly, this is the Quote of the year for our MBB program... The apathy is so entrenched, I am not sure if I can bring myself to watch another game all year.

Prowling Woofie
11th February 2010, 10:23
Our only hope is canning Fowler, Sid, Staff, and somehow STILL getting Harrow, Brown, Cothron, and Leslie to come here.

I'd almost rather start from scratch (again) and not have to watch Sid ***** up some really GOOD players. If we have certifiable talent and still suck, we'll REALLY be embarrassing !

Kind of like Carolina this year... :D

Matt Nicholson
11th February 2010, 11:21
I am really glad I missed this game.

Some of you are coming around. We are getting worse, not better...

Prowling Woofie
11th February 2010, 11:42
Not sure I understand the 'giving up' that's crept into this team. At the beginning of the year (up until the MD game), the guys might lose, but they were playing hard and with heart.

Is it the mounting losses, or is it Sid throwing them under the bus after every game, that has taken the heart out of these guys ?

If it's the former, we need better players. If it's the latter, we need better coaches... Immediately.

Matt Nicholson
11th February 2010, 12:36
We clearly sold our soul to the devil for the '83 championship, and are doomed for eternity...

Ken Stallings
11th February 2010, 17:15
Dang, Ken - you sound like me ;)

Yep, I was thinking about our previous exchange while I watched that abortion, and to be honest I was thinking, "Damn, this validates everything PW was writing!"

Ken

LSmith
11th February 2010, 19:27
We clearly sold our soul to the devil for the '83 championship, and are doomed for eternity...

Best explanation I have seen yet for shooting 30% and 0-13 from behind the arc on your home court. For 5-12 minute scoring droughts every game!!! For your opponent pulling a 75 footer out of their ass in the final second to win!! And this season is not the only season. It has been this way for 20 years.

Granted not excusing piss poor execution which we have seen alot of lately. As far as this team something has gone terribly wrong since the Duke game. These kids are in the worse funk I believe I have ever seen in college sports.