NC State got smacked on the road 44-27 at West Virginia to fall to 2-1.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AD Update

Default AD Update

It is being rumored that 6 people have been formally interviewed for the AD job, one bring Bobby Purcell. It is expected to have a new AD in place by the end of the month.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

It already seems like interviews are being conducted faster and better than with the previous AD!

Ken

Could be announced as early as tomorrow.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

I just received an email saying the AD will be named tomorrow. I will try and find out more and post back.

Coach Avent

If it is the name I am hearing, I am gonna be pissed. We cannot get the hell out of our own way. I swear it must be school policy to piss in the wind!

Coach Avent

Default Debbie Yow to be the next AD...

I am being told, and numerous reports are indicating that Yow will be the next AD at NC State...

I am at a loss, we have royally screwed the pooch.

Coach Avent

Just want to bring this thread back to the top to see Derreck's thoughts 9 years later.

Well, predictions are always difficult.

Objectively though, it must be said that Debbie Yow literally took NC State from the depths of despair from the reins of what most people think was the worst AD ever in Lee Fowler to seeing NC State achieve the highest level of success in the Director's Cup standings. Not just for one year, but instead for a five year consecutive run, with 2018 being the best year ever. We finished 15th in the Learfield Director's Cup standings -- best ever.

Yow did this with only 23 varsity sports programs, plus an operating budget that is actually profitable.

Her legacy will endure.

Ken

LOL, I missed on this one. I will say though, at one point it looked like she has whiffed on DD and she defiantly whiffed on Gottfried. Had she whiffed on DD as well, we would be having a different conversation regardless of how the non-revenue sports have performed.

DD and Yow were tied to each other. DD, after a very rocky start, turned it around and with that the outlook on Yow has turned around. Its amazing how one game affected the future of our program. Had DD not beaten UNC during the 2016 season he would have been fired. We would have gone through another search and who knows where we would be at. Add that to Yow having to fire Gottfired after the 2016-2017 season, would Yow have survived having to fire DD also? I'd say no.

But it also goes to show, how so many of the issues at Maryland that they laid at the feet of Yow were really not so much her after all.

Coach Avent

I still don't know what to make of the Gottfried hire. He was solid his 1st 4 years with 2 sweet 16s. And then it was like he just didn't care anymore. Something happened to him, personally, that greatly the affected his coaching. Not positive I place all the blame on Yow in that situation.

She certainly seems to have hit a homerun with Keatts.

Thread Information