In the most shocking development in NCAA history, the 2020 basketball tournaments (men and women) are cancelled. In addition, the ACC has suspended all sports operations, including practices, games, and even recruiting events.

Thread: Wolfpack Club support of this forum

Default Wolfpack Club support of this forum

I had a chance to speak personally with Wolfpack Club chairman, Bobby Purcell, at the Champ Sports Bowl. I spoke with him about possibly creating some avenues of official support between this website forum and the Wolfpack Club. Primarily, my intent is to see some promotion of the site to give alumni across the world a viable and free method to communicate on a personal level and stay in touch.

Purcell listened intently and sincerely and asked me to contact him by phone after the holidays are over. I intend to follow up with him.

The only concern he expressed is that he sees "all these forums become b_itch fests." I have to admit he has a valid concern.

What I propose to do is communicate to him that we are different (ironically, I had to modify the word just to have it appear here, so literally we don't allow that! LOL!!!) . I don't think we are a b_itch fest group here. We are small, but we use the finest forum software in the world and have excellent server support. We have all the infrastructure to grow in size and with the alumni base of NC State there is no reason this web forum could not become a huge source of communication. When I started this forum it was to satisfy the desire for Wolfpack alumni to stay in touch with the school as I found that traveling across the world while in the Air Force it was so easy to lose touch with friends I made.

I think giving up the desire to "b_itch and moan" is a frightfully small price to pay to grow this website. So, I am soliciting input from each of you who have formed the original core of this website. I want your honest inputs. I won't sell my soul to anyone and that means not even my alma mater. But, I don't think anyone, particularly Purcell, is going to ask that much less expect it.

I think he's an honest broker and appreciates honesty. Their is a world of difference between telling the unpleasant truth versus wishing to tear up the scene. We sometimes -- actually rarely -- do the former but we have never done the second and I think that is the vital difference.

This post serves two purposes -- to allow each of you a voice and to let you know where the vision is. I am awaiting your comments.

Cheers,

Ken

Ken,

I think you have done a fine job with the website. It is nice to come up here, express my opinion and have it criticized constructively. On the other website we used we had people that would try to attack you personally and that is not what this is about. We can agree to disagree and still be friends at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by gjones1968 View Post
    Ken,

I think you have done a fine job with the website. It is nice to come up here, express my opinion and have it criticized constructively. On the other website we used we had people that would try to attack you personally and that is not what this is about. We can agree to disagree and still be friends at the end of the day.
    I really appreciate and thank you for those comments. That's exactly the kind of website I want -- one that allows people to speak their honestly held views without being attacked. It is always a balance because I don't want to see the site become an attack the coach website either. But, I hope Derreck and I are striking a good balance in that regard. You are certainly a much appreciated member.

Cheers,

Ken

Thank you. I don't mean to come across as attacking a coach but there are some decisions that are glaring and make you say, "What are you thinking?." I never have an issue with a coach but I do have an issue with play calling.

You and Derreck have done a very good job with this, and I have to admit I am glad that you did this because that other board was taking all the fun out of this, and that is what this is supposed to be. Fun.

Thread Information