In the most shocking development in NCAA history, the 2020 basketball tournaments (men and women) are cancelled. In addition, the ACC has suspended all sports operations, including practices, games, and even recruiting events.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Got to brag on my little girl (who is not so little anymore)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Stallings View Post
    I retain these dreams where your daughter signs an offer letter to play for NC State and you can sign her up here to be our first (and perhaps only) forum member who's an active student-athlete!

Ken
    LOL, me too. She still wants to play sports, loves to play, and is still a determined as ever. The last year and a half have been hard on her with the injuries so I actually think this situation is a blessing for her as it is giving her time to completely heal before playing again. I think that will be a big deal for her. I could not tell you the last time she stepped on the court/ field without some sort of nagging injury. I am curious to see what happens with travel ball with a shortened season and how that will be managed. If they go crazy with a ton of tournaments, she still wont play. I have talked to a few teams that want her to play, but I am waiting to see what their tournament schedule will look like.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Just a quick update.

Mckenzie was granted permission to continue playing sports at the school she was attending. There is a loophole that allows her play at a different school from where she attends if the school she attends does not offer sports. I have also been asked to coach the JV and Varsity volleyball team. So Mckenzie just cannot get away from me, LOL.

There have been a few travel softball tournaments here and there. Mckenzie guest played for the first time this past weekend for a single day tournament. During pool play she knocked off a ton of rust. Played OK, but not great. However by the time we started bracket play she was on fire. She pitched 4 total innings in bracket play, struck out 7 and only gave up 3 hits. At the plate she was 9 of 12, 8 RBI's, 2 HR's, and 5 doubles. And there were a couple of doubles that looked like they were gone when the ball left the bat. Team finished 3rd.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Thread Information