NC State defeats Syracuse 16-10 at home to improve to 4-2 (1-1 ACC).
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Got to brag on my little girl (who is not so little anymore)

Time for an update:

We are in the middle of volleyball season. With the number of girls this year we had to expand middle school to have enough players to field a middle school team. Mckenzie is the only 8th grader, I have two 7th, graders, a 6th grader, and 5 5th graders. So I am starting (I am the middle school coach) 2 or 3 5th graders each game. Mckenzie is the only player who has ever played school ball and only two others have ever played volleyball at all. We have had an up and down year but are getting better.

Mckenzie has been a great leader for the younger girls. Encouraging, positive, etc, as a team captain should be. Mckenzie also leads the team in service points, digs, aces, and hits. Mckenzie also plays with the JV team so she is doing double duty.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

You have a heck of a challenge ahead of you coach!

A Challenge, but has been rewarding. We are at the point of our schedule where we are playing teams for a second time. In middle school volleyball you play best out of 3 and you play to 25. We played the best team in the league last week for the second time. The first time we lost in straight sets 25-12 and 25-14. Last week we lost 25-21, 22-25, and 15-12 (3rd set is only to 15). We we went from getting blown off of the court to giving the best team in the league all they could handle. Their coach said I am sure glad we dont play you again this year after the game. We have also picked up a few other victories along the way.

I am not normally a morals victory guy, but with this team I am having to be. We are a first year middle school and the teams we play have had established middle school teams for years. So we are playing catch-up. We are setting goals and exceeding them. I am super proud of how they play.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Thread Information