#20 NC State travels to Pitt and wins 35-17, improving to 6-1 (4-0 ACC). Up next, the Pack travels to #16 Notre Dame.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Got to brag on my little girl (who is not so little anymore)

It's so less complicated to have boys!

Ken

We played the first game of the season this past Tuesday and won in straight sets. While Mckenzie did not start, she did see a lot of time on the floor. The whole team did really well and Mckenzie was her usual self.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Mckenzie's team is currently 3-0. Mckenzie has been seeing more and more time on the floor. I am really enjoying being able to watch and not coach! Its a refreshing change of pace.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Mckenzie started her first ever school game yesterday as a 6th grader and it was a road game. The team lost, but they played great. It came down to the final set against the best team in the league traditionally. It was a match of unbeaten teams.

Coach Avent

The season has come to a close, so proud of Mckenzie. The team did great, finished with a record of 12-3 I think. I know the 3 loss is accurate, but cannot remember if it is 10 or 12 wins. Anyway, Mckenzie got a lot of PT the remainder of the season and started all but a few games after her first start. No too shabby.

Coach Avent

Quote Originally Posted by Derreck View Post
    The season has come to a close, so proud of Mckenzie. The team did great, finished with a record of 12-3 I think. I know the 3 loss is accurate, but cannot remember if it is 10 or 12 wins. Anyway, Mckenzie got a lot of PT the remainder of the season and started all but a few games after her first start. No too shabby.
    Enjoy these times brother because they go by way too fast and yes be Proud!!! My son is a Sr at NC State and my daughter is a Freshman at App State. I look back at all the years I spent coaching, taking them to practices, and always being there to encourage them and those were the best years of my life. I can remember one specific day in which I was an assistant coach on my son's Little League baseball team and he had a game and my daughter who was 8 at the time had her gymnastic award ceremony the same day. My son's team was undefeated and playing the other undefeated team in the league that day. My wife and I argued about who was going to take Hope to her awards ceremony because we both wanted to see Danny her older brother play baseball. I remember looking into my little girls eyes as I was warming up my son who was pitching that day and went to my wife and told her to keep me posted on Danny because Hope and I were going to gymnastics. Never regretted that decision and Danny was fine with it because I rarely missed his games. I developed a special bond with Hope that day and a year later we were taking her to Gardner Webb for the State gymnastics championships in which she won 1rst place on the vault in her age group.

What I am saying is soak in every moment of these years because you will never get them back and Mckenzie will always remember and appreciated all the time you have invested.

Quote Originally Posted by LSmith View Post
    Enjoy these times brother because they go by way too fast and yes be Proud!!! My son is a Sr at NC State and my daughter is a Freshman at App State. I look back at all the years I spent coaching, taking them to practices, and always being there to encourage them and those were the best years of my life. I can remember one specific day in which I was an assistant coach on my son's Little League baseball team and he had a game and my daughter who was 8 at the time had her gymnastic award ceremony the same day. My son's team was undefeated and playing the other undefeated team in the league that day. My wife and I argued about who was going to take Hope to her awards ceremony because we both wanted to see Danny her older brother play baseball. I remember looking into my little girls eyes as I was warming up my son who was pitching that day and went to my wife and told her to keep me posted on Danny because Hope and I were going to gymnastics. Never regretted that decision and Danny was fine with it because I rarely missed his games. I developed a special bond with Hope that day and a year later we were taking her to Gardner Webb for the State gymnastics championships in which she won 1rst place on the vault in her age group.

What I am saying is soak in every moment of these years because you will never get them back and Mckenzie will always remember and appreciated all the time you have invested.
    That's grade A advice there if I've ever heard it!

Ken

Thread Information