Football season gears up in late August. Till then, enjoy the summer!
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Got to brag on my little girl (who is not so little anymore)

An update.

Mckenzie has been playing travel softball and doing well. Her reputation has spread as a power hitter and now when she comes up to bat the other teams automatically back up their outfield. Volleyball has started for school and our first game is this afternoon, however school does not start until Next Monday.

Now the bad news. Mckenzie is having a issue with her left foot. She cannot put any pressure on her heel without being in a lot of pain. We took her to the Dr yesterday and they took ex-rays. The ex-rays were negative so the Dr. has referred her to an orthopedic Dr. We cannot even get into the orthopedic dr until the 29th. So she will miss her first 4 volleyball games and the next travel ball tournament before we can even see the dr. However, we are not going to risk anything at this point so she will sit out and wait to see exactly what is going on. So in the mean time she is going to support her teammates from the sideline, which is an adjustment for her.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Smart move from smart parents.

Quote Originally Posted by packinjax View Post
    Smart move from smart parents.
    Thanks. It was hard on her yesterday. We lost or first volleyball game, Mckenzie was set to be a starter until she got hurt. Yesterday was a very close match and the girls almost pulled it off. Mckenzie being the competitor she is hates to lose and felt like being on the court she could have helped. The coach had to use a first time player more than she wanted because Mckenzie was not available and she made some mistakes. Nothing bad, just inexperience. But as a parent I was proud, Mckenzie cheered the girls on, gave words of encouragement, and per the coach, during timeouts as well as before and after sets she was talking with the girls, giving advice, and being "a great teammate" encouraging the more inexperienced player. In fact the coach told me that Mckenzie ought to think about going into coaching after her playing days are done. In her words she is "a natural." Said she did not have to say a whole lot because of Mckenzie. And Mckenzie did it in a way that was positive. She also said that she is becoming the leader of this team through her words and actions. The girls are responding to her very well.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Thread Information