NC State improves to 9-1 by defeating Penn State 89-78 in the Boardwalk Classic.

Thread: Sitting through the storm

Default Sitting through the storm

Be safe to all my Wolfpack brethren going through this storm. I'm currently sitting in the dark myself. A lot of wind and rain.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

At work, thankfully the office got power back last night. Still without power at home.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Glad you are safe Derreck. How are things there? Heard the Tar could crest at Floyd levels. Saw something about evacuating Princeville in Edgecombe which brings back horrid memories of Floyd as I believe Princeville is where President Clinton visited when it was under water during Floyd. Sounds like the Neuse is at record levels in Johnson Co. and Lumberton is very bad. Grew up in the East (Wayne County) but live in the triad area now as I did when Floyd hit but spent a lot of time down there cleaning up after that mess. Hope this does not turn out as bad but regardless it is still bad and my prayers are with you folks down east.

Might need to call my sister in Pinetops. I knew it rained hard, but I did not expect it to be that bad flooding.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by LSmith View Post
    Glad you are safe Derreck. How are things there? Heard the Tar could crest at Floyd levels. Saw something about evacuating Princeville in Edgecombe which brings back horrid memories of Floyd as I believe Princeville is where President Clinton visited when it was under water during Floyd. Sounds like the Neuse is at record levels in Johnson Co. and Lumberton is very bad. Grew up in the East (Wayne County) but live in the triad area now as I did when Floyd hit but spent a lot of time down there cleaning up after that mess. Hope this does not turn out as bad but regardless it is still bad and my prayers are with you folks down east.
    The expectation right now is for the crest to be close to Floyd levels. It is Wednesday and they are not expecting it to crest till Thursday or Friday, but that keep changing too. It is bad, it is as bad as Floyd. In fact, we got power back quicker after Floyd then we did this week. We got power back yesterday about 1:45 pm.

Johnson Co and Lumberton are suffering the worst, they got hit hard. They have issued mandatory evacuations for over 2000 people so far in our little community.

Coach Avent

Reading this thread is giving me a feeling of deja vu. I think with each storm, the water levels are getting worse causing more flooding than the previous storm. Many roads are still closed and may areas are still without power.

Coach Avent

From what I heard, this is worse flooding than Floyd, and Floyd was extremely bad. The storm stalled out over the coast and dumped most of its energy onto eastern North Carolina.

The flooding is far more significant an impact than the winds.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Stallings View Post
    From what I heard, this is worse flooding than Floyd, and Floyd was extremely bad. The storm stalled out over the coast and dumped most of its energy onto eastern North Carolina.

The flooding is far more significant an impact than the winds.

Ken
    Yes, several areas are still underwater. The damage is horrible and many areas are still without power and they are not projected to get power back until next week at the earliest.

Coach Avent

Thread Information