The 2018-19 athletic season has concluded for NC State. Football starts in two months! See you then!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Class

Quote Originally Posted by LSmith View Post
    4 star RB Jamious Griffin has decommited. I think this was expected since he did not sign his loi in December. Word is he has a connection with Geoff Collins and could end up at GT.
    Griffin has a brother already on the GT team and is getting a ton of pressure to stay home. He also has a brother at VT and basically the family would be burdened trying to watch all the boys at 3 different schools, each in a different state. we still have a chance, but it is a small one.

The staff was prepared for this and has already moved on a couple of targets. Micah Kelly is probably the primary focus but others are being looked at evaluated. The staff wants another RB in this class die to the lack of depth at that position for us. Also the staff is looking to the transfer portal and JUCO to see what is available and if they would fit into how we play.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Tabari Hines, a Grad Transfer WR from Oregon, will play for the Pack next year.

Tabari started out at WF, transfered to Oregon, and will complete his playing career for NC State.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

RB Jordan Houston has committed. He was committed to Maryland prior to this weekend. Houston has offers from Pennsylvania St, Michigan St, Michigan, and Tenn among others.

Coach Avent

The Pack have picked up a couple of PWO's in TE Quinn York and Punter Nolan Parris.

Coach Avent

Quote Originally Posted by Derreck View Post
    Griffin has a brother already on the GT team and is getting a ton of pressure to stay home. He also has a brother at VT and basically the family would be burdened trying to watch all the boys at 3 different schools, each in a different state. we still have a chance, but it is a small one.

The staff was prepared for this and has already moved on a couple of targets. Micah Kelly is probably the primary focus but others are being looked at evaluated. The staff wants another RB in this class die to the lack of depth at that position for us. Also the staff is looking to the transfer portal and JUCO to see what is available and if they would fit into how we play.
    I have been told that since we landed Houston we have moved on from Griffin. Apparently Griffin did not want us to take another back but the staff really likes Houston as well and did not want to risk not signing another RB this year since that is a position we have little depth.

We are also looking at another RB in addition to Knight and Houston, Delbert Mimms. We are hoping to get Mimms as a Blue Shirt as we are close to the 25 limit this year so we will see what happens.

Coach Avent

Mimms has committed to the Pack as a blue shirt.

Coach Avent

What is a blue shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Gene Vane View Post
    What is a blue shirt?
    An NCAA rule exception that allows a team to actually have more scholarship players in a given year's class than is normally allowed. The system leverages kids who graduate from high school (or transfer from junior college) to enroll and play during the fall semester, but are officially counted as being part of the next year's recruiting class. Essentially, it is a pay later for today arrangement. The way it is carried out is that the player agrees to play that fall semester as a walk on, and his scholarship does not kick in until the following spring semester, meaning the next calendar year.

There are some restrictions on the player's recruiting process. He cannot have any official visits, nor can a letter of intent be offered or signed. That first fall semester of play is devoid of any contractual agreement between school and player.

Ken

Thread Information