NC State takes care of home business, beating Furman 49-16. Up next, the Pack starts the ACC portion of their schedule, travelling to Tallahassee, 23 Sep @ 12:00, broadcast on ABC.

Thread: Italian Exhibition Tour

Default Italian Exhibition Tour

The team leaves August 2nd for a 10 day exhibition tour in Italy. This is a make-up from the one that was canceled last year. What a blessing for this staff to be able to get these extra practices and scrimmages in.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap0EXkyld28

Highlights from game 1

Pack won 100-64. The Pack finished with 57 deflections and 21 steals in the game.

These were the starters for this game:

0 - Abdul-Malik Abu
    1 - Lennard Freeman
    2 - Torin Dorn
    12 - Allerik Freeman
    15 - Sam Hunt
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Pack falls to Da Ground 103-98 in double OT. We were ups 83-78 in the 4th with about 2:30 left and Keatts had a strange lineup on the floor. Neither of the Freemans or Batts were on the floor during this point.

Coach Avent

Remember, it's exhibitions, so the prime goal here is to learn what lineups make the team best and what substitutions do for the team.

Ken

Yep, Keatts has said not to look into these games too much. There will be a lot of experimenting with lineups and such.

The second game was against several players from the high level Italian Pro teams. This was a good test for our young guys.

Coach Avent

If you're really into pain you can watch some poor quality videos of even poorer quality basketball. The fact that many of these guys have never played together and never played for this coach is quite evident. That alone makes for sloppy play. They gave up a lot of turnovers, but also forced a lot, playing a good bit of full and 3/4 court pressure. I won't say that anyone looked great, but there are a few positives that can be gleaned so far. Sam Hunt can shoot behind the arc. Not convinced anyone else can yet. I liked some of what I saw from Braxton Beverly, but he's still very raw.

Not a lot to get excited about except that they have this opportunity to get better. If you're like me you'll need to pull up a roster while watching.

http://packinsider.com/2017/08/08/it...ideo-boxscore/

One other thing that I did notice is that Darius Hicks was the only scholarship player that I never saw on the court. Not surprised that we didn't see walkons, but Hicks must be either injured or deep in the dog house.

Quote Originally Posted by D Wolf View Post
    If you're really into pain you can watch some poor quality videos of even poorer quality basketball. The fact that many of these guys have never played together and never played for this coach is quite evident. That alone makes for sloppy play. They gave up a lot of turnovers, but also forced a lot, playing a good bit of full and 3/4 court pressure. I won't say that anyone looked great, but there are a few positives that can be gleaned so far. Sam Hunt can shoot behind the arc. Not convinced anyone else can yet. I liked some of what I saw from Braxton Beverly, but he's still very raw.

Not a lot to get excited about except that they have this opportunity to get better. If you're like me you'll need to pull up a roster while watching.

http://packinsider.com/2017/08/08/it...ideo-boxscore/

One other thing that I did notice is that Darius Hicks was the only scholarship player that I never saw on the court. Not surprised that we didn't see walkons, but Hicks must be either injured or deep in the dog house.
    Dog house from what I gather...

Coach Avent

Pack wins game 3 90-46 against Stella Azzurra. Game was called 1 minute into the 4th due to floor conditions. It was 100 Deg outside and there was no AC in the gym.

For comparison, Stella Azzurra played Kansas (Kansas won 90-56) and Auburn (Auburn won 87-29) in recent weeks.

Coach Avent

My only expectation for this year is to see a team consistently play good fundamental basketball. It's been way too long since I've seen that.

Thread Information