#20 NC State travels to Pitt and wins 35-17, improving to 6-1 (4-0 ACC). Up next, the Pack travels to #16 Notre Dame.

Thread: Furman

Default Furman

Better win, that's all I got.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Quote Originally Posted by Derreck View Post
    Better win, that's all I got.

Yep. Better win impressively.

I was surprised to see on Furman's website that they actually lead the all time series against us 8-4-4. I know 2 of their victories against us was when they were coached by Dick Sheridan but don't know where the other 6 victories and 4 ties came from. I assume before I was born and I was born a long long time ago.

Furman has always been a successful well coached program in D1AA and now FCS through the years. They have been a little down the past few years. I played against their 1rst year head coach Clay Hendrix. He was only about 5-8 but a hard hitting bull dog on their O-Line. Interestingly enough he got his coaching start as an assistant at NC State under his former coach Dick Sheridan.

We should roll in this game on talent alone but I am glad we are playing them under Clay's 1rst season because I feel he will bring back the old Paladin power house that he played for under Sheridan. And once he does, like Sheridan, maybe we will hire him LOL!!!!!!!

How the hell can Furman have a place kicker vastly better than the two we have!

Seriously! We couldn't recruit this kid for NC State?

Ken

How many times does our secondary get toasted before these players keep their heads in the game!

Ken

For the love of God and all that's human! Would someone beat an essential truth in to our secondary that late in the second half you don't need to bite on the option run when you're leading by four scores! Stop selling out to stop the run!

The only touchdown Furman has scored in this game was on a blown pass coverage, and they almost scored another on the same thing.

My prompt to write this comment was a third such example!

Ken

Would Furman entertain any trade offers for their kicker?

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Stallings View Post
    Would Furman entertain any trade offers for their kicker?

Ken
    Lol!! I was thinking the same thing.

I would say a rather ho hum effort today in a 49-16 win. Furman is in a rebuilding stage with a new coach, starting 18 freshman and coming off 3 straight losing seasons. They came into this game 0-2 with losses against Wofford and Elon. Did not expect the game to still be in reach at the half. I guess you can say we took care of business in the 2nd. half. Still not seeing much year to year improvement under Doeren.

We won, quite impressively I believe. Yup the secondary was terrible and we still don't have a kicker but 8-4 is still achievable. In any case it's time to put the big boy pants on. The ACC season starts next week.
    "The whole measuring of Vertical Leap began with David Thompson"- Michael Jordan

This was a no win situation for our team. You should beat Furman and beat them badly. Anything aside from that and it is considered a disappointment. I guess that is what we saw here, a disappointment.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Thread Information