#20 NC State travels to Pitt and wins 35-17, improving to 6-1 (4-0 ACC). Up next, the Pack travels to #16 Notre Dame.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: @ #11 Florida State

Default @ #11 Florida State

Well, fun time's over!

It's a road game to start the ACC season, at #11 Florida State.

Ken

And because of the situation that FSU is in, we have no film on the starting QB so we really have no idea how to prepare. On the other hand, he has no game experience and starts his college career against one of the best d-lines in the nation. Saturday is going to be interesting.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Quote Originally Posted by Derreck View Post
    And because of the situation that FSU is in, we have no film on the starting QB so we really have no idea how to prepare. On the other hand, he has no game experience and starts his college career against one of the best d-lines in the nation. Saturday is going to be interesting.

Yea they have not played since week 1 while we like most teams are prepping for our 4th game. Don't know if that is good or bad but throw in their uncertainty at QB and it could be interesting. Of course we must play a lot better than we have so far this season to make it interesting.

"You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Maybe its complete homerism, but I feel good about Saturday. It seems like a perfect storm. FSU has not played in 2 weeks, new starters on the O-line and at QB, our team has had a chance to work out kinks over the last few weeks. If, and its an if, we can win it completely flips the SC game and we are back on track to meet this season's expectations.

Coach Avent

Quote Originally Posted by Derreck View Post
    Maybe its complete homerism, but I feel good about Saturday. It seems like a perfect storm. FSU has not played in 2 weeks, new starters on the O-line and at QB, our team has had a chance to work out kinks over the last few weeks. If, and its an if, we can win it completely flips the SC game and we are back on track to meet this season's expectations.
    ....and, if they can make that happen, I would take that trade off all day long and twice on Sundays.

I feel good about this Saturday also. Hopefully I've got the right feeling too.
    "The whole measuring of Vertical Leap began with David Thompson"- Michael Jordan

I think the key to this game is our defense's ability to stop the run.

Jimbo is going to have his QB taking three step drops, or in the gun to neutralize the Pack pass rush. But, if we can get a lead, stop the run, and make a frosh QB have to hang in the pocket a bit longer -- -then good things may happen.

Have no feeling about this game whatsoever. The line opened up at Pack +15.5 but has come down.

I would actually say it's our defense's ability to stop the pass, which so far we haven't been able to do at all.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Stallings View Post
    I would actually say it's our defense's ability to stop the pass, which so far we haven't been able to do at all.

Ken
    Normally true, but with a inexperienced starter at QB Jimbo likely does not want to put the game in his hands unless he has too. So I would venture to guess they will try to establish the run early.

Coach Avent

Thread Information