NC State will face Arizona State in the Sun Bowl, 29 Dec @ 15:00 eastern, broadcast on CBS. Go Pack!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Syracuse

Default Syracuse

Up next is the home ACC opener against Syracuse. We are going to learn more about our team this season by how they respond. Do they rest on their laurels headed their way by travelling to Florida State and winning, or do they bear down, have a great week of practice, and carry forward the momentum by taking care of home business against they they will be favored against?

Bradley Chubb and Ryan Finley seem to both have quality leadership of this team, so I would guess that both players keep control of the situation. Celebrate today, get back to work on Monday!

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Stallings View Post
    Up next is the home ACC opener against Syracuse. We are going to learn more about our team this season by how they respond. Do they rest on their laurels headed their way by travelling to Florida State and winning, or do they bear down, have a great week of practice, and carry forward the momentum by taking care of home business against they they will be favored against?

Bradley Chubb and Ryan Finley seem to both have quality leadership of this team, so I would guess that both players keep control of the situation. Celebrate today, get back to work on Monday!

Ken
    It would be really cool if we could break with tradition and not lose immediately to a terrible team after we beat a highly ranked team. Like we've done SO MANY TIMES in the past.

'Cuse gave LSU everything they wanted in Death Valley. That Pack cannot take them too lightly.

I see we are at the top of the "others receiving votes" in both the coaches and AP this week.

If we dont win this one, the FSU win means nothing...
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Haven't been to a home game yet this year -- looking forward to being in Carter-Finley on Military Appreciation Day!

Injuries are never a good thing. But, there's something especially sick about a guy blowing out his knee when a defender does something illegal on a tackle like a facemask. I don't give the Syracuse defender the pass that the announcers are giving. He deliberately reached for the helmet vice try to make a tackle, because he was beat on the edge. At first, I thought it was a horsecollar. This is why a facemask is a penalty.

Ken

That was an outstanding touch shown by Ryan Finley on that fade route for the touchdown. Impossible to defend a perfectly thrown fade pass and that one to Stephon Lewis was perfect indeed!

One other observation is that Carson Wise nailed both field goal attempts, the second one a really nice 42 yard attempt. With Bambard doing the kick offs and sending all of them into the end zone for touchbacks, could it be that we have an effective kicking game finally?

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Stallings View Post
    That was an outstanding touch shown by Ryan Finley on that fade route for the touchdown. Impossible to defend a perfectly thrown fade pass and that one to Stephon Lewis was perfect indeed!

One other observation is that Carson Wise nailed both field goal attempts, the second one a really nice 42 yard attempt. With Bambard doing the kick offs and sending all of them into the end zone for touchbacks, could it be that we have an effective kicking game finally?

Ken
    Spoke too soon, Ken. Wise sucks.... he's left four points on the field already.

So does the secondary, for that matter. Front 7 has been stellar, as has the O-Line. Tight Ends' edge blocking has been spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by Prowling Woofie View Post
    Spoke too soon, Ken. Wise sucks....

So does the secondary, for that matter. Front 7 has been stellar, as has the O-Line. Tight Ends' edge blocking has been spectacular.
    Yep, four points left off the board due to a missed extra point and chip shot field goal!

30-7 sounds a whole lot better to me than 26-7.

Ken

Thread Information