#20 NC State travels to Pitt and wins 35-17, improving to 6-1 (4-0 ACC). Up next, the Pack travels to #16 Notre Dame.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: #17 Louisville

Default #17 Louisville

Well, this Thursday night, we have the ESPN national audience as we host #17 Louisville. It will be a game against two ranked teams as NC State goes into the contest ranked #24.

Both teams go in with 4-1 overall records. Louisville is 1-1 in the conference, having beat UNC on the road and having lost at home to #2 Clemson. Of course, NC State is 2-0 in the conference.

Louisville's quarterback remains Lamar Jackson, and so this will be the sternest test of our secondary, one that we have to be prepared for to win the game. Last season at his place, Jackson and the Cardinals had their way with the Wolfpack, handing NC State it's most humiliating loss of the season. Pay back opportunity comes soon!

Go Pack!

Ken

#1, The score from last year should be plastered all over the locker room.

#2, In this game, IMO, the best defense is our offense. Play ball control, eat up clock, keep Jackson on the sideline.

#3, Defense HAS to get off the field in 3rd and long instead of giving up the big play.

I believe this is the game where we wear the black uni's and we have a national audience. Wolfpack Nation needs to show up LOUD and PROUD.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Quote Originally Posted by Derreck View Post

I believe this is the game where we wear the black uni's and we have a national audience. Wolfpack Nation needs to show up LOUD and PROUD.
    Yeah, the Pack just wore the gray uni's for Military Appreciation Day. I'm all for changing the colors for that cause, but frankly I miss the red. On a national stage like this I think we do ourselves a disservice not selling our brand. In black we could be any team.

Quote Originally Posted by D Wolf View Post
    Yeah, the Pack just wore the gray uni's for Military Appreciation Day. I'm all for changing the colors for that cause, but frankly I miss the red. On a national stage like this I think we do ourselves a disservice not selling our brand. In black we could be any team.
    Yea, I know what you mean. My favorites are the white helmet, red jersey, and white pants from the Rivers era. Unfortunately this is part of the recruiting game as well as the apparel deal. Unless you are Bama, OSU, or a select few others with a established brand this is what we are going to get.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Louisville opened up as a 3 point favorite

Coach Avent

Yup, this is the "Black Howl" game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0StBW9sbFRM

Coach Avent

Syracuse was a good precursor to L'Ville for the Pack Defense IMHO. Dungey was very mobile, and that threat requires game planning.
    Now, he's no LJ , and the offenses are different, but basics about containment convey.

Quote Originally Posted by avisocan View Post
    Syracuse was a good precursor to L'Ville for the Pack Defense IMHO. Dungey was very mobile, and that threat requires game planning.
    Now, he's no LJ , and the offenses are different, but basics about containment convey.
    I was thinking the same thing watching Dungey.

When darkness falls ... the wolf preys:

https://twitter.com/packfootball/sta...28683029209088

Almost time guys. Let's get this going. GO PACK!!!!
    "The whole measuring of Vertical Leap began with David Thompson"- Michael Jordan

Thread Information