NC State will face Arizona State in the Sun Bowl, 29 Dec @ 15:00 eastern, broadcast on CBS. Go Pack!

Thread: NFL Scout on Dave Doeren

Default NFL Scout on Dave Doeren

So I just got off the phone with my buddy at State. He was working on getting info on some of our players to the scouts that was being requested. Anyway, he got into a conversation w/ one of the scouts about DD. This particular scout said we have found our Frank Beamer. Said that he believes that DD truly likes Raleigh and wants to build something here and not just use us as a stepping stone. Said that DD was probably in over his head at first when he got here but is adjusting and learning. Said that Pack nation needs to be patient (meaning next year could be a big step back with all the graduates from this team) but the way DD is building this team that we will reap the benefits long term.

Thought I would pass along, IMO that is high praise of DD from this scout.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

I'd be very happy to see that happen. Beamer had a very good run.

Agreed. I hope he is correct.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Next year has to see a drop off. Recruiting hasn't been red hot compared to other top tier programs, and the talent and experience on this team cannot be replicated next season. But, these impressive wins on the national stage, which also showcases our facilities and support quite well, should help improve recruiting going forward.

My view is that if Doeren can build a nationally respected program once then he can do it again. It's one thing to see it never happen and wonder if it can, versus seeing it happen and realize graduation of talented players is always the equalizer.

Ken

Thread Information