#20 NC State travels to Pitt and wins 35-17, improving to 6-1 (4-0 ACC). Up next, the Pack travels to #16 Notre Dame.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: @ Pittsburgh

Default @ Pittsburgh

The Pack has an extended time to practice for their road game at Pittsburgh on Saturday, 14 Oct @ noon. The game will be broadcast by the ACC Network.

Pitt is scheduled to play at Syracuse today at 12:30. That will be an interesting point of comparison.

Ken

As I understand it -- the team was off Friday and Saturday. Coaches were on the recruiting trail in full force.

A couple days of rest and reflection, and now a chance to move forward completely focused on Pitt.

Pack went up four spots in both rankings and are now #20. So, this could be another trap game with #19 Notre Dame up next and also on the road. The team avoided that trap against Syracuse. This will be another test of their makeup.

Pitt played well at Syracuse, losing 27-24.

Ken

The Pack opened up as an 11 point favorite

These are the games we must win if we want to take that next step...
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Quote Originally Posted by avisocan View Post
    As I understand it -- the team was off Friday and Saturday. Coaches were on the recruiting trail in full force.

A couple days of rest and reflection, and now a chance to move forward completely focused on Pitt.
    Yep, they were back at it Sunday. They used Friday and Saturday to rest and heal up a little bit. We have a bye next week, go all in against Pitt and get it done. This game REALLY scares me. Its a PRO town, in a PRO stadium, and the crowd will be horrible. As Steve Logan said, we will have to feed off of our own energy.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Quote Originally Posted by Derreck View Post
    Yep, they were back at it Sunday. They used Friday and Saturday to rest and heal up a little bit. We have a bye next week, go all in against Pitt and get it done. This game REALLY scares me. Its a PRO town, in a PRO stadium, and the crowd will be horrible. As Steve Logan said, we will have to feed off of our own energy.
    I hope the boys are not reading press clippings about themselves, we have to be focused.

Coach Avent

Quote Originally Posted by Derreck View Post
    I hope the boys are not reading press clippings about themselves, we have to be focused.
    If there were ever a trap game...

They need to continue to drop the hammer from jump, and keep the heat on. They can relax a little next week !!!

All I gots is this:

5-1 NC State
    6-1 Clemson
    4-3 Syracuse
    1-3 FSU
    4-2 L'Ville
    4-2 WF
    2-4 BC

and... GO PACK!

7-0 Pitt to start the game. Not looking crisp at all for the Pack. Playing down to the level of our comp as usual.
    "The whole measuring of Vertical Leap began with David Thompson"- Michael Jordan

Thread Information