NC State will face Arizona State in the Sun Bowl, 29 Dec @ 15:00 eastern, broadcast on CBS. Go Pack!

Thread: New Contract for Doeren?

Default New Contract for Doeren?

"N.C. State negotiating with Dave Doeren on contract extension"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ion/750164001/

I'm sure that this is to preempt anyone coming in to steal our coach after a successful season. I'm as excited as anyone about the progress and promise of this season, but does anyone feel like this may be at least a few games too soon? I get the recruiting angle too, but it just seems a little too much like the victory parade before the victory to me.

Don't misunderstand. I'm as pleased as punch that Doeren seems to be starting to prove himself.

I have no idea how to feel about this -- damned if you do -- damned if you don't I suppose.
    Honestly, thought he was going to be given an automatic 1 year deal after 8 wins anyway.

I would love to hear what you guys think about this theory. I'm not saying I am endorsing it, or that any of it is substantiated but it did cross my mind.

1. Yow is planning retiring before his current contract is up.
    2. She knows that next year is likely to take a dip, because of all the seniors we are losing.
    3. She believes in DD and that given enough time he can be, as someone mentioned previously on another thread, our Frank Beamer.
    4. She wants to guarantee that her replacement does not get too trigger happy if DD isn't reproducing this seasons results right away.

We are getting hammered on the recruiting trail from coaches telling recruits that DD is going to leave for greener pastures after this season. Plus DD's contract is only trough 2019 right now. So extending makes sense at this time. There was no coincidence that it was leaked when it was.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Thread Information