#20 NC State travels to Pitt and wins 35-17, improving to 6-1 (4-0 ACC). Up next, the Pack travels to #16 Notre Dame.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Edit: UNC gets NOTHING

Enforcing it is called Division III. My alma mater, Washington & Lee, chose this path decades ago.

Sickening.

I believe that the ACC member schools should move to severely sanction "U"NC following this abdication by the NCAA. They should be suspended from conference participation for some period to be determined.

Of course Swafford won't go along with this so the schools should vote to remove him. Anything less than this kind of action is silent complicity in the "U"NC institutionalized academic fraud.

We should just create a "College of Graduation", fill it with random easy classes, and viola, we're golden

No, I go the opposite direction on this. Our universities exist to educate and offer a rigorous degree program that teaching youth to be productive adult citizens. The athletic end of that is for entertainment.

If the NCAA will not promote the academic mission of higher education, then it should be abolished and a new organization created. In my view, the NCAA destroyed itself yesterday. They proved that their bylaws are ineffective to ensure the proper balanced of academics are maintained with athletics. I believe in the academic mission of universities and firmly believe it takes priority over the privilege of playing organized sports. The money I donate to the Wolfpack Club is designed to fund scholarships, not to reward joke classes that make a mockery of academic pursuit.

Leadership is focusing on what is right and moral and ensuring that is the path followed. Not only can that balance be enforced, it must be enforced. So, let's get a new organization in place that will.

Ken

The lack of specific NCAA bylaws did not prevent them for whacking Penn State with a four year bowl game ban (reduced to two years), along with other penalties, for the Sandusky child-rape scandal.

If the NCAA cared they could have done something, but they know The Chears are a big time b-ball draw, and the NCAA makes its money off of the Men's College Basketball Tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by D Wolf View Post
    I believe that the ACC member schools should move to severely sanction "U"NC following this abdication by the NCAA. They should be suspended from conference participation for some period to be determined.

Of course Swafford won't go along with this so the schools should vote to remove him. Anything less than this kind of action is silent complicity in the "U"NC institutionalized academic fraud.
    I'm Swofford's defense, we didn't go the way of the Big East. That buys a lot of good will from the rest of the schools.

As I posted before the UNC System or the state legislature could and should do something to sanction them for breaking the spirit of the law.

Thread Information