#20 NC State travels to Pitt and wins 35-17, improving to 6-1 (4-0 ACC). Up next, the Pack travels to #16 Notre Dame.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edit: UNC gets NOTHING

Default Edit: UNC gets NOTHING

https://scout.com/college/north-caro...iday-108446624

Now lets see what kind of song is played...

5. Allegation No. 1 and No. 2 show school's failure to exercise institutional control and failure to monitor the conduct and administration of athletics programs.
    Last edited by Derreck; 13th October 2017 at 08:33.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

One important point to add Derreck ... "while under effective sanction for previous similar violations."

Ken

"You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Wish I didn't have to say I told you so, but.....

Quote Originally Posted by D Wolf View Post
    Wish I didn't have to say I told you so, but.....
    I wasn't expecting much, maybe a slap on the wrist and a dont do that again, but this is just WOW!

Coach Avent

The NCAA is a ****img joke. Sham classes for everyone now. And if you are not doing it, you are failing your student body by not doing everything within the rules (it is legal now) to win and the AD and entire school admin should be fired.

Edit: Also, if this is an academic issue, per the NCAA, why hasn't the Unc System BOG come down on Chapell Hill's academic fraud? Just stinks.

So, now every university can ensure retention of academic eligibility by conspiring to offer a slate of joke classes, including even creating a joke degree program, just so long as the joke curriculum is made available to the general student body, at least officially.

This is what the NCAA just endorsed.

In effect, the NCAA mandates a slate of core high school classes and grade requirements to earn eligibility, but endorses a deliberate campaign to maintain eligibility through phony classes.

It is a death blow to the integrity of the academic mission of higher education in America.

Ken

And the outside world sees it the same way:

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/s...178659666.html

Ken

Congrats to UNC for devising and carrying out a successful scheme to cheat across multiple sports, give fraudulent and therefore meaningless degrees to thousands of students, including "student-athletes", piss in the face of ethics and authority, and debase the spirit of amateur athletics.

Other ACC schools should now refuse to play UNC in any sport, claiming that UNC doesn't comply with NCAA principles. Truth be told, no ACC school should bother adhering to any NCAA rules or regulations, as that organization has now lost all validity and credibility.

The ten year scope was a sham - I know personally that this crap has been going on since the Dick Crum era. Back then they just had other students take exams and write papers for the athletes, but it was still cheating/corruption.

Nevertheless, they keep their millions, their wins, their laundry, so congrats. Hope the campus burns to the ground....

This is a point where the NCAA should be abolished and replaced with an entirely new organization. We have two paths to follow. We can destroy the academic mission, or we can enforce it.

Ken

Thread Information