Football season gears up in late August. Till then, enjoy the summer!

Thread: AW Hamilton

Default AW Hamilton

Its looking more and more likely that Hamilton will be named the HC at Eastern Kentucky. Talk about a fast rising assistant. He was the HC at Hargrave this time last year and now will likely be running his own college D1 program.

For those wondering, EKU is about an hour from Hamilton's hometown. Hamilton will be a star IMO.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

AW Hamilton is now the head coach at EKU. Hate to lose him but wish him the best. It is my understanding he was a major influence on Beverly choosing us after he decided to leave Ohio State. It is a positive sign that your program is on solid ground when you start losing assistants for head coaching positions. We just loss a good one in year one of the Coach Keatts era.

Probably influential in getting Derek Funderburk to State as well, since I believe Beverly and Funderburk both played for Hamilton at Hargrave.

He will be a loss to be sure. But, there is also no denying that it's always good for a program to see its assistant coaches be hired as head coaches! If you establish a reputation for that sort of move, then the best assistant coaches will want to work for you!

Congrats to him!

Ken

Thread Information