NC State survives six turnovers to beat Boston College 28-23. The Pack has a bye week to ready for the road game at Clemson.

Thread: All five Duke starters in 2018 going pro

Default All five Duke starters in 2018 going pro

I realize they are all blue chip players and likely the freshmen will be drafted in the first round. But still, it's not a good thing for your entire starting roster to declare for the NBA draft and hire agents! Four of these players were freshmen in the 2017-18 season. Grayson Allen was the fourth player and he was a senior. And honestly, given the near total lack of concern the NBA has for a polished game, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Allen go undrafted!

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ring-nba-draft

Coach K and Duke will reload as they always do, but it has to kill K deep inside to see what the game has morphed into.

Ken

Coach K (Duke) is as much into the one-and-done business as Calipari is at Kentucky. Coach K sort of edged around for the last 4-5 years, with guys like Okafur, and Ingraham, but still had guys, who'd stay for 3-4 four years as starters. Now he's basically turning Duke into a similar program to Kentucky.

I wonder how long it will take for Duke to get to where Kentucky is, with regards to no seniors on the team, as this past season Kentucky had no seniors on the team to honor on senior night.

Edit: If you see the ESPN 30-for-30 on the 1983 season, Coach K says outright college basketball was better in the 1980's, than it is today, so I am sure it must bug him a bit about the one-and-done business these days, but not enough to not use the current system to his best advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Gene Vane View Post
    Edit: If you see the ESPN 30-for-30 on the 1983 season, Coach K says outright college basketball was better in the 1980's, than it is today, so I am sure it must bug him a bit about the one-and-done business these days, but not enough to not use the current system to his best advantage.
    You were spot on with all your post, but this section nailed the most essential of truths. I ask anyone who doubts this to pull up the online video of the 1974 NC State versus UCLA NCAA semi-final game. Look how polished both teams were. There were four first round NBA players on those two teams.

Ken

Thread Information