NC State earns a huge road win at Virginia 53-51, to grab sole possession of fourth place in the ACC, with a 14-5 (5-3 ACC) record.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wake Forest

Default Wake Forest

The road game against Wake is on 26 Feb. Wake will be hungry, having suffered a series of losses in recent weeks. They will be wanting to win out to secure a number one seed in the NCAA tournament.

However, while this isn't a game on paper you'd be willing to favor the Wolfpack in, we match up well against them. Further, it's more a matter of how Javi and Farnold play.

Our team is on the cusp of playing with and beating the "big boys." This is one against a big boy. If the NCAA is in the Pack's future, they will have to beat a team like this in a setting like this. Now's a good time to secure that quality win on the road.

Go Pack!

Ken

Wake is a team that is hard to figure out. They are as athletic as anyone in the nation and can pile up points in a hurry. They won their 1rst 16 games but are 5-5 in their last 10 games. Any team that can lose to Miami by almost 30 and then beat FSU by over 20 within a 10 day period has any odds maker scratching his head. Their only loss at home has been to VT however.

As you say it is a matter of how well Javi and Degand do. They have to limit turnovers in the back court and as a team we have to defend the perimeter well and keep Ish and Teague from penetrating at will. We seemed to have done a decent job of that against them in Raleigh.

One thing is certain. I cannot stomach another "in your face" slamfest by the Deacs like I saw at the end our game last season in Winston.

If the committment to defense continues we should be able to win out. The players have to understand that it starts with defense. The offense will take care of itself. Even if you don't score you can rebound, and defend and that's what the players have to do, to finish the season on a high note.

We gotta want is more than they do.

This game will prove to me whether this team has put some weeknesses to bed or if the last few weeks of improvement was just a "flash in the pan". State has played good games this year when they are double digit dogs. Question is how hungry are they for a road win against a hungry/ranked/ACC/In-State opponent?

I feel good about tonight. The Pack NEEDS this win to keep it's slim NCAA hopes alive.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

If we win tonight......

*Our conference record will improve to 6-7 which will tie us with Maryland and put us only one game behind Wake, BC, and VT all tied for 4th place. Did I say 4th place??? Could you imagined that would had been a possiblity even for discussion a couple weeks ago?? We are talking 1rst round bye in the ACC tourney and it is still possible if we win out and get a little help from some other teams (including Clemson and FSU tied for 3rd).

*It would be a big road win against a ranked opponent. A win that would boost our RPI greatly.

*A win tonight may not make us a NCAA "bubble" team but it would surely have us knocking on the "bubble" door and if we win out and pick up a couple wins in the ACC tourney we would bust that "bubble" wide open.

Go Pack!!!!!!

A win tonight in Winston would make things really, really interesting.....

We play good enough defense to win the game, we usually have an inordinately high amount of to's that lead to easy points for the other team.

If we limit the to's and that's a BIG IF, we will stand a great chance of winning the game. If not, oh well, we know the answer to that question.

If the pg's show up to play, and we get production from veteran players, we will get the w. We can't mail this one in or have a player decide to not show up from hear on out to stand a chance of winning the remainder of our games.

We play good enough defense to win the game,
    I just hope Wake plays defense like they did against Duke Sunday.

So far it has been pretty good offensively but somebody's got to stop Ish from driving!

Thread Information