NC State women's soccer beat Northwestern 1-0 in round one of the NCAA Tournament, earning the 50th victory for head coach Tim Santoro! Men's and Women's Cross Country teams both win the NCAA Southeast Regionals!

Thread: Beverly breaks Hand

Default Beverly breaks Hand

Braxton Beverly broke his hand during practice on Friday. No time table has been given for his return.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Hate to hear that. Usually with broken bones you are looking at a minimum of 6 weeks if surgery is not needed. With surgery it can run into months.

Lovely! We aren't returning a horde of talent from last season, and he was one of the most talented players we were to rely upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Stallings View Post
    Lovely! We aren't returning a horde of talent from last season, and he was one of the most talented players we were to rely upon.
    I would argue that we are more talented and deep at the guard position this year. While it sucks to lose Beverly for any period of time (reports were he has been practicing extremely well) we have more depth this year to overcome it. We have Torin Dorn, Markell Johnson, CJ Bryce, Devon Daniels, Erik Lockett, and Blake Harris all as guards that are eligible from game one.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Team announced that the fracture will require surgery. I think LSmithís timeline is accurate.

We only return three players with significant court time from last season. We will rely upon transfers to quickly meld and talented freshmen.

The silver lining is that at least itís before the start of the season so hopefully he can return before the meat of the conference portion.

Ken

Reported that he had a successful surgery on Tuesday. Keatts is saying he should be back midway through the non-conference schedule so I am assuming early to mid December which would be about 6 to 8 weeks. It takes about 6 weeks for any bone to heal but surgery can prolong the rehab especially if hardware is drilled in. The good news is it was not his shooting hand. This could be a good opp to develop some new guys like Harris and Braxton will be back in the mix well before our first conference game.

Beverly in uniform today warming up but will not play. Reports is that he will return soon.

Quote Originally Posted by LSmith View Post
    Beverly in uniform today warming up but will not play. Reports is that he will return soon.
    Lol. Beverly has 6 points in the first half. Tony Hanes said un pregame that he would dress out but not play.

Tremendous insider secret going on here!

Beverly played a total of 21 minutes and shot 4-10 (all from the three line) to finish with 12 points plus one assist.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...meId=401082838

Ken

Thread Information