NC State women's soccer beat Northwestern 1-0 in round one of the NCAA Tournament, earning the 50th victory for head coach Tim Santoro! Men's and Women's Cross Country teams both win the NCAA Southeast Regionals!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FSU

Default FSU

Pack returns to action at home against FSU.

We need to stop the skid and FSU is coming in without an identity at this point. Lets take care of business.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Pack opened as a 6.5 point favorite.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

To quote Al Davis, “Just win, baby!”

Ken

Gotta have this one.
    "The whole measuring of Vertical Leap began with David Thompson"- Michael Jordan

Need this one, the CFP ranking came out and we are #21. So if we win out, we are playing for a NY6 bowl game. But we have to win this one to get there.

Coach Avent

Opening drive was crisp and well executed, with a nice balance of running. What I really liked seeing was the run become the prime weapon after we got the ball into the red zone. FSU came into the game with a highly rated rush defense, but our line was effective against them. That's always a very nice thing to establish early in a game. The boys punched it into the end zone, for an early 7-0 lead.

Ken

Big time stop on fourth down and less than a yard for the Wolfpack defense! I thought Taggert was going to roll the dice and go for it on their own 34, and they did. What surprised me was the play call to a tackle dive, which was snuffed out behind the line of scrimmage.

Ken

Reggie Gallaspy with over 100 yards rushing, and Ricky Person with two TD receptions, have meant the difference offensively for NC State in this game. Our defensive secondary is still being torched far too often, but the running game has kept FSU's defense on the field a lot, and controlling the ball on multiple sustained drives has kept our defense fresh.

FSU came into this game again highly ranked in rush defense, so this has by far been the Wolfpack's best rushing offensive showing of the year.

Ken

Prior to this game, 1998 saw the greatest victory point margin over Florida State. That was a 17-point mark at 24-7. We came into this game a nine point favorite and outperformed that estimate. Winning this game 47-28 is the greatest performance against the Seminoles in Wolfpack history. This was a very nice recovery from two weeks of disappointment. I didn't think NC State could travel to Clemson and win, but I did think they could travel to Syracuse and win.

The secondary is the one part of this team that is holding them back from being a nationally elite team. Solve that riddle, and this team can do serious damage on a national level.

Today's effort in that area was an improvement, but I think it still needs to get better.

Ken

McCloud being out yesterday was huge for the secondary IMHO... We also had two DTs out yesterday, but managed to get after Blackman for five sacks, and shut down the FSU rushing attack.

Thread Information