NC State women's soccer beat Northwestern 1-0 in round one of the NCAA Tournament, earning the 50th victory for head coach Tim Santoro! Men's and Women's Cross Country teams both win the NCAA Southeast Regionals!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wake Forest

Default Wake Forest

It is a short week of practice of the Pack. They host Wake Forest in the weekly ACC Thursday night game on ESPN @ 19:30 eastern.

For NC State, the goal is to keep the line moving! Momentum gained again today must be continued.

For Wake Forest, in an up and down season, the Deacons got drilled 41-24 at home against #19 Syracuse.

This is also the last conference home game of the season.

Ken

Hate I am going to miss this one -- Thursday night ESPN games are special in Carter Finley.

Wake is garbage, but they always seem to give the Pack fits. I would like to see us come out, just like we did with FSU, and lay down the smack from the get go.
    Don't give them hope; don't let them hang around.

WF QB is out for the season. Our luck, a guy we have zero film on will light us up for 400+ yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Nicholson View Post
    WF QB is out for the season. Our luck, a guy we have zero film on will light us up for 400+ yards.
    FSU's back up QB lit us for 421 yards and we still won by almost 20. We do what we do. We run the ball and we stop the run. We have probably the best QB in the country at keeping defenses honest. I said in the Cuse thread that I don't think our secondary issues as far as talent is fixable this season. The fact is we have 4 very winnable games left that will make this season the best in Wolfpack history if we win them. I think we will regardless if a back up QB torches us for over 400 yards. We did not have Person against Cuse and that made a huge difference as far as giving Cuse offense a lot more time on the field. We will win the next 4 games doing what we do. When we meet a quality QB in a New Years 6 bowl that could be a problem but we will get there doing what we do. The secondary will improve.

BTW I like the way Doeren has built this program in doing what we do. The biggest key to me in doing what we do is paying Dwayne Ledford whatever we need to keep him on the staff. The O-line has been the biggest improvement to Wolfpack football the past few years. That is how we become Clemson and eventually Alabama. The other parts will fall in place.

Quote Originally Posted by LSmith View Post
    FSU's back up QB lit us for 421 yards and we still won by almost 20. We do what we do. We run the ball and we stop the run. We have probably the best QB in the country at keeping defenses honest. I said in the Cuse thread that I don't think our secondary issues as far as talent is fixable this season. The fact is we have 4 very winnable games left that will make this season the best in Wolfpack history if we win them. I think we will regardless if a back up QB torches us for over 400 yards. We did not have Person against Cuse and that made a huge difference as far as giving Cuse offense a lot more time on the field. We will win the next 4 games doing what we do. When we meet a quality QB in a New Years 6 bowl that could be a problem but we will get there doing what we do. The secondary will improve.

BTW I like the way Doeren has built this program in doing what we do. The biggest key to me in doing what we do is paying Dwayne Ledford whatever we need to keep him on the staff. The O-line has been the biggest improvement to Wolfpack football the past few years. That is how we become Clemson and eventually Alabama. The other parts will fall in place.
    Can I get an A-MEN from the congregation!!!

Ken

The Pack has opened as a 17 point favorite.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Y'all tend to forget that Wake gives fits at Wake. We tend to win and win big at C-F Stadium. Thursday night ESPN game, great atmosphere, and we'll be pumped. I like the Pack scoring about 48 to Wake's 20.
    "The whole measuring of Vertical Leap began with David Thompson"- Michael Jordan

Wake relies heavily on their ability to run the ball behind Carney and Colburn. Their last win they had almost 400 yards on the ground against Louisville. Nobody runs the ball on NC State. We are ranked 7th in the nation stopping the run allowing only 91 yards a game. Clemson who is ranked 7th in the nation in rushing offense could not get over 100 yards rushing on us (yea I know Lawrence passed for almost half a thousand on us that game). I predict Pack wins 35-7 tonight.

Dave Huxtable should be fired no later than 8am Friday morning. Let literally anyone in the stands call the defense.

Clean house with the entire defensive staff and shake things up offensively. We looked pathetic tonight on national tv. This is embarrassing.
    "The whole measuring of Vertical Leap began with David Thompson"- Michael Jordan

Thread Information