NC State improves to 9-1 by defeating Penn State 89-78 in the Boardwalk Classic.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steere is leaving???

Default Steere is leaving???

Matt,

Our society is at a moral crises. Simply put, there is a widespread erosion of moral character in the United States as we have raised an entire generation of me-first youth, who honestly don't believe they have any duty to anyone else. I don't know how a republic can survive that sort of development.

If this story is true, then it's just one more sign post warning us that this is the path of self-destruction we are already on.

Just keeping the focus on youth and college basketball, we have adults using money to entice children to violate laws and all basic ethics. It is adults corrupting youth just on the odd chance some will emerge as coveted professional players, needing the services of agents, and able to peddle apparel.

Expanding it beyond just basketball, and we have thugs assembling outside peoples' homes chanting threats and trying to bust down doors, all because they cannot tolerate the most basic exercises of our Constitutional liberties!

I think all of us need to step up and not just recognize what's really going on here, but more importantly step up to try to fix it before we see grand destruction. We simply cannot become a self-entitlement culture, where many think that all things in life must be served up on a silver plate and just as we ordered it.

Ken

Makes no since. He is pretty much guaranteed PT this season with only 3 big men available. Maybe it will be different next year with Killeya-Jones and Bates in the mix but even if he does see the writing on the wall for next year why not get some quality experience in the ACC and transfer at the end of the season? I see no value in announcing your transfer after the first game unless there are some personal issues going on.

Keatts will make an official announcement on Steere after game today.

Well. That kinda is an official announcement.

And to make it even more official, Steere did not suit up for this game today.

Ken

Steere is not leaving, yet anyway. He has been given time to think (thus why he did not dress this past game) and is supposed to meet with Keatts today.

All I can say is that Keatts and staff were as caught off guard as anyone with this. Steere had shown no signs of having any issues/ animosity/ etc. So we will see what the outcome of todays meeting is.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

After meeting with Keatts, Steere announced he is transferring from State.

Per Steere:

My decision to transfer has nothing to do with playing time or any animosity towards Coach Keatts, the staff, or my teammates. My choice is strictly personal and I appreciate everything State has done for me.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Boiler plate public press announcement, and it might be entirely true and accurate.

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me what the reasons are. It's a free country and people can do as they wish. But, the concept of loyalty is really a weak motivation for many.

For reasons good or bad, personally, I just couldn't imagine signing an LOI and then asking for a transfer before the first regular season game is even played! Now, maybe that sense of duty to others can be a bad thing. I don't think it is, but other might. That's the beautiful thing about freedom. Folks get to live their lives as they wish, not as others wish.

It likely isn't a case of being too far from home, as he hails from High Point, NC.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Stallings View Post
    Boiler plate public press announcement, and it might be entirely true and accurate.

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me what the reasons are. It's a free country and people can do as they wish. But, the concept of loyalty is really a weak motivation for many.

For reasons good or bad, personally, I just couldn't imagine signing an LOI and then asking for a transfer before the first regular season game is even played! Now, maybe that sense of duty to others can be a bad thing. I don't think it is, but other might. That's the beautiful thing about freedom. Folks get to live their lives as they wish, not as others wish.

It likely isn't a case of being too far from home, as he hails from High Point, NC.

Ken
    My thought on this is it is about PT and this is just a PC announcement. Now to defend Steere, he committed prior Walker, Funderburke, and SJK committing. Steere is a 5 player in this system and that is a lot of bodies for one spot. So I can understand his thought process. And why wait until later to decide? By announcing now, he can transfer in December and be able to play next year.

Its also hard for me to criticize transfers when the majority of our team is made up of transfers.

Coach Avent

Thread Information