NC State improves to 9-1 by defeating Penn State 89-78 in the Boardwalk Classic.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ECU

Default ECU

ECU has won the past 3 games in this rivalry. They have beaten Doroen twice. ECU has had a remarkable record against ACC schools in the past few years. ECU sucks this season with only 3 wins and their coach is on the hot seat. The Pirates are coming in to this game with this.... they beat the ¨holes¨ 41-19 this season and we needed OT to beat UNC (regardless that UNC had several players suspended that game). They think that they can beat us. We need to put them away early. Cannot F around like we did against an inferior hole team today. Put them away early!!!!

Pack opens up as a 24 pt favorite
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

I always hate playing EZU --- we have nothing to gain, and everything to lose.

We do have something to gain, in fact a few things. A win against ECU is nine wins for the season, and that likely gets us back into the national rankings and earns a better bowl game. The loss at home to Wake Forest will keep us out of a New Year's Six bowl slot. But, there are still plenty of advantageous bowl games available for us.

We need to win this also because I hate the fact that right now our last home game was that damnable loss to Wake. A win at home against ECU puts the equation back into balance.

Ken

I figured there would be suspensions after the brawl in the UNC game. I think given the circumstances, half game suspensions are reasonable, and the ACC got the right people though there is little doubt that the fight was initiated by UNC's #3 Dominique Ross. Ross shoved two players well after the play was over and even after the second shove he came back to the Pack's victory celebration, determined to turn it into a brawl, which he got.

The only justice in it is that near the end of the brawl, Ross got his ass dumped on the ground and one of our players pummeled him as he lay on his back on the ground!

When Ross finally had enough and cooled his jets, the fight soon ended.

Three NC State players also received the half-game suspensions, which for them will be served in the ECU game:

Tyler Jones: OL
    Justin Witt: OL
    Freddie Phillips: CB

Jones and Witt are two of the Pack's five starting linemen. Phillips is a reserve cornerback.

In my view, Ross decided that if he couldn't win the game, he'd try to win the fight. He lost that also!

Ken

Dont know about the suspensions. I guess rules are rules but it looked like they were just protecting their teammates against tarhole thugs which has been their character over the Fedora tenure. They win at our house and they have to dance on our logo. We have won the past3 meetings in Chapel Hill and with the exeption of the fight they started Saturday we shake hands, give high fives to our fans and head to the locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by LSmith View Post
    Dont know about the suspensions. I guess rules are rules but it looked like they were just protecting their teammates against tarhole thugs which has been their character over the Fedora tenure. They win at our house and they have to dance on our logo. We have won the past3 meetings in Chapel Hill and with the exeption of the fight they started Saturday we shake hands, give high fives to our fans and head to the locker room.
    I agree with all you wrote, but one point really struck a strong resonance with me at least.

The part where you remark about the systemic lack of character shown by UNC players under the tutelage of Larry Fedora. That was on the mark!

Not just the repeated NCAA violations, multiple suspensions, but also the year-by-year lack of class shown during victories and defeats.

No doubt at all about who instigated that brawl. Ross should have just walked his losing ass back to his side of the sidelines and left the Pack players alone to celebrate their hard fought victory.

As you said, the rules are clear. There is no equivocation when throwing punches, but there is great difference between instigating a fight when the game is over vice rallying to some punk ass and showing him we won't take that crap!

Ken

Coach Mo has been fired...
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Oh great! Now we get to face our second team that plays its first game with a new coach!

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Stallings View Post
    Oh great! Now we get to face our second team that plays its first game with a new coach!

Ken
    Hope the results are the same as the 1rst team we played the game after their coach got canned. The timing is kind of strange. Mo had just one game left. Maybe this deal was already planned before our make up game with ECU was scheduled.

Thread Information