NC State improves to 9-1 by defeating Penn State 89-78 in the Boardwalk Classic.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gator Bowl vs. Texas A&M (Edited)

Default Gator Bowl vs. Texas A&M (Edited)

Looking more and more likely we end up in the Gator, There is a chance we end up going to the Camping World (most likely Cuse) or the pinstripe (most likely Miami)

Edit:

The Pack has officially accepted an invitation to play in the Gator Bowl vs. Texas A&M.
    Last edited by Derreck; 3rd December 2018 at 09:46.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

SI just reported we are playing Texas A&M on 31 Dec in the Tax Slayer Bowl in Jacksonville, FL. I believe that’s what used to be called the Gator Bowl.

Ken

Confirmed!

I love this match up. Texas A&M is a high quality opponent. Game time is 19:30 on 31 Dec, broadcast on ESPN.

And yes, this is Gator Bowl. Lord, I yearn for the days when that was clear! LOL!!

Ken

They changed the name to the Tax Slayer Gator Bowl this year hoping that the Gator being back in the name will help.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Good opp to beat Jimbo one more time. They are a really good team. Only loss to Clemson by 2. Other losses to Bama by 22, Miss State by 15 and Auburn by 4. I believe Auburn is the only unranked team they lost to. It will be a challenge.

A&M has opened as a 3 point favorite

Just a side note, State will be the visitor for this game.

Coach Avent

Excited that this game is in Jacksonville. I move to Jax 15 years ago ~2 years after we dismantled ND here and have been wishing for a Pack bowl here since then. Merry Christmas to me!

Kelvin Harmon has declared for the draft and will not play in the bowl game.

Coach Avent

Quote Originally Posted by Derreck View Post
    Becoming a trend now and especially since everyone saw Jake Butt slide from 1rst round to 5th round because of a acl tear in a bowl game a couple of years ago. Also becoming an argument for expanded playoffs to make bowls more meaningful. Hope Harmon is the only one for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Derreck View Post
    Exactly right, LSmith! It has become a trend, and in the last several years all the trends in collegiate athletics have diminished team devotion and heightened individual interests. Meanwhile, the media offers a near universal presentation that full scholarship athletes are serfs to the plantation mentality of boosters and athletic departments. I wonder what that would make the walk-on’s, less than serfs!

The word amateur is derived from the Latin word, “to love.” An amateur plays for the love of the sport. I have zero beef with Harmon declaring for the draft after his junior season. But, that draft doesn’t happen until months after the college season finishes.

So, when do so-called “one-and-done” basketball players start refusing to suit up for conference tournament and NCAA Tournament games? When does the NCAA require that if an athlete refuses to suit up and play that he must repay the full value of his scholarship? The media will bring in a hundred hacks to salute the “courage” of those who will refuse to suit up, but condemn any effort to regain the value of the contract extended to the player! There is no limit to the media’s mania to destroy all iconic values that served our society well for generations.

I advocate the same philosophy on both sides. I condemn coaches like Nick Saban for their use of the so-called “college waiver wire” practice, and I’m now adding this refusal to suit up to that same level of criticism. Collegiate athletics are not professional athletics, and they shouldn’t be performed the same with mimics of waivers and holdouts!

Ken

Thread Information