NC State got smacked on the road 44-27 at West Virginia to fall to 2-1.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Auburn 12/19

Default Auburn 12/19

Big home game Wednesday night. #8 Auburn comes to town.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

We have 2 common opponents so far. We beat UNCA by 51 and Auburn beat them by 26. Auburn beat St Peters by 50 and we beat them by 28. Cannot really go by past results. If I remember correctly we were ahead of St Peters by 30 at the half and then Keatts took us out of our full court to test our half court game. Pearl may have done something as far as calling the dogs off in their game against Asheville. I dont know but regardless they are a very talented team currently rankled #7 in both polls which equals a very big opportunity for us.

I looked it up and was surprised to see we were a 1 point favorite.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Quote Originally Posted by Derreck View Post
    I looked it up and was surprised to see we were a 1 point favorite.

Yea, I think a big factor is this is Auburn´s first true road game of the season.

Ahead 35-27 at the half. Only 4-11 from the ft line?? We got to do better than that.

Big money win, 78-72!

A game that the Pack controlled most of the way. Auburn played their hard-nosed defense and it was a rare match up of two deep, press defense teams. Both played that way, but tonight the Pack’s brand was stronger.

Ken

Oops, 78-71 win!

Big win tonight!!! I said it before and I will say it again Markell is the most underrated pg in the country. Tonight against the #7 team in the country he led the team in 27 points and 4 assist. I like the way this team picks each other up. Our 2 leading scorers Dorn (16 ppg) and Bryce (12.5 ppg) only had 7 points combined. Beverly carried the load the 1rst half with 14 and then the 2nd half was the Johnson/Daniels show. I dont think Beverly was even looking to score the 2nd half. It was like he knew his teammates were about to explode. Got to get better on the FT line.

Big Picture.... we should be a little above ¨others receiving votes¨ when the pole comes out next week. Still a heck of a lot of basketball to play but with this win I cannot remember the last time we were in this position before Christmas.

Great team win. The boys scrapped from beginning to end. Auburn only led for 44 seconds of the game. That is astonishing to me! Great Job!

And KEVIN KEATTS IS A WINNER!!!!!

Coach Avent

Thread Information