#8 NC State women improves to 17-0 with a win at Virginia, 66-38!

Thread: USC Upstate 12/22

Default USC Upstate 12/22

Lets take care of business. Auburn will mean nothing if we drop this game.
    Last edited by Derreck; 21st December 2018 at 11:39.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

It has a TV broadcast on Fox Sports Net.

Ken

To me the amazing thing is we win 98-71 and yet, one can honestly point out areas where this team can get even better! To me, that's an indication of how strong this team is.

I'm trying to remember a team where this many different players were offensively and defensively capable of producing the decisive result at the necessary time, and the one comment from a TV analyst that seemed spot on was the one where the analyst said that when a team has ten or more strong players, the practices can become stress sessions that end up making everyone better due to competition. As Mike Gminski said about tonight's game, the second five played better minutes than the starters did!

This team is looking more and more like the Virginia teams that don't have shining super stars, but instead have a tough as nails roster that's ten or more players deep, and so opponents don't know where to apply their focus because anyone can get the steal, or force the turnover, or score the bucket.

I say again, I just love how Kevin Keatts preps his teams. It's beautiful basketball. Every player who sees the court seems to fully understand what the plan is, and is fully prepared and ready to bring it. I knew we made a home run hire, but this exceeds my own lofty expectations.

Ken

Thread Information