NC State closes out the regular season with a road win at BC. The Pack finishes eighth in the ACC regular season.

Thread: Miami 1/3

Default Miami 1/3

The Pack opens ACC play on the road at Miami. All ACC road games are though, but this game is winnable.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Well, batten down the hatches and let's get it on!

Ken

Big game tonight. Need to get the ACC season started off on the right foot.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

I guess when you are 5ft 7 inches tall in the ACC you get a foul called on your opponent every time you are touched and you can hack the hell out of everyone you guard without a foul call. No disrespect for Lykes and he plays his ass off but he has been given free will this game. Proud that we fought back from down 8 to get a 5 point lead with 3:27 left.

Very impressive road win to open up ACC play. Miami shot the lights out for three quarters of the game, but the high energy way the Pack forces play finally wore down the Canes. Once again, the better depth and conditioning that Keatts emphasizes made the difference.

Ken

Ugly as it was we are 1 up in road games in the ACC and they are tough to come by as we saw tonight. Next up Holes at home. Any word on Blake Harris?? I was thinking before the game that he would be our one defender that could contain Lykes and he did not play tonight.

Well, we are 13-1, and one has to go back to the Thompson team of 1973-74 to find a match!

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by LSmith View Post
    I guess when you are 5ft 7 inches tall in the ACC you get a foul called on your opponent every time you are touched and you can hack the hell out of everyone you guard without a foul call. No disrespect for Lykes and he plays his ass off but he has been given free will this game. Proud that we fought back from down 8 to get a 5 point lead with 3:27 left.
    Teddy "Look at Me" Valentine's charge call on Braxton Beverly was total BS! Lykes was literally shuffling his feet in a side to side motion while Beverly was dribbling forward. That was not a charge, but I think that had a lot more to do with Valentine than Lykes.

Ken

It was ugly. Johnson only played 4 min in the first half due to fouls. And the fact that Johnson did not attempt his first FT until under a minute left is criminal. We shot 14 of 18 from the stripe and Miami shot 16-29. And that disparity included Miami fouling us at the end to prolong the game. I believer we took 6 FT attempts under a minute left. So take that away and we shot 8 of 12 for the rest of the game.

Coach Avent

Thread Information