NC State closes out the regular season with a road win at BC. The Pack finishes eighth in the ACC regular season.

Thread: Unc-ch 1/8

Default Unc-ch 1/8

The Pack opens up Home conference play against the holes....

GTHC, that is all I got!
    Last edited by Derreck; 4th January 2019 at 12:37.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

I think the Pack will certainly be geared up for this one. It's an opportunity to make a national statement, and frankly, I think this is a game we can win.

Ken

Looking at the statistics for both teams and it is amazing how close the two teams are. We tie at turnovers per game 14, blocks per game 4, and steals per game 8. We lead in 3 pt shooting at .409 to the holes .364. We lead field goal % at .521 to the holes .481. They lead free throw % at .750 to .691. At assist per game the holes 1 up us at 19 to 18 as well as points per game 90 to 89. Their point per game distribution is similar to us with 4 players in double figures and a couple more averaging 8 points a game. I think the one variance is what I heard listening to the holes network in their game today. Eric Montross kept mentioning several of the holes were tired because of how hard they were playing. He even mentioned Coby White giving the ¨I am tired¨ signal to Coach Williams to pull him out. My thought was they have not seen nothing yet!!!! I donẗ recall seeing a Pack player giving that signal, ¨I am tired¨ to Coach Keatts the past couple of seasons and could not imagine his reaction if they did. We need to wear their pansy asses down Tuesday night!!!! Go Pack!!!!!!!!

Our heads were not in this game. I think the pressure got to us.

All the good shots missed early. All the front end of 1-and-1's missed. The inability to get a shot off from about the 7 minute mark to 3 minute mark, with those possessions resulting in turnovers.

Hope we learn from our mistakes.

Also, this is the first game we really got killed on the boards. Our lack of size finally caught up with us.

UNC just flat played better than we did. They shot better, rebounded better, and handled our press defense very well. The only thing we did better was force more turnovers, but then we shot poorly and failed to take advantage of them. Certainly a missed opportunity.

Ken

The moment was a bit big for us. On the positive note, we played poorly and yest were still in this game. That has to be an encouraging sign.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Just did not hit our shots. Our hustle put us in place several times to take the lead and have a chance but we did not hit the shots to go over the hump. For us to be great and beat very good teams Markell has to be great and take over the game like he did against Auburn and Vandy. He just did not have it last night. Funderburk was a beast last night on both ends of the court. Need that from him every game. We will be alright. It is early January.

Thread Information