#13 NC State takes two of three on the road against #15 UNC to finish the regular season with 41 wins!

Thread: Pitt 1/12

Default Pitt 1/12

Need to bounce back Saturday against Pitt. IMO, a must win.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Yep. Actually we need Ws the next 3 games with Pitt at home, @ Wake, and @ ND. After that we have a 5 game gauntlet @ Loui, Clemson, UVA, and Vtech at home, and then @holes.

This ended up becoming a gut check game due to a lot of adverse developments. Wyatt Walker was tossed two minutes into the game for what was ruled as a flagrant foul. DJ Funderburk then had to play a lot more minutes than he normally does, but he ended up being the player of the game! Then, Markell Johnson left the game with a back injury after only playing nine minutes in the first half!

Pitt shot much better than they normally do and it wasn't wide open shots either. Especially in the second half, they threw up a lot of off balance shots that went in.

Despite all of that, the Pack methodically pulled even and then went on a game clinching run.

Pitt got away with a lot of overly physical play. Markell Johnson got undercut to cause his back injury and the ejection of Walker was a case of Walker losing his composure. I hope he learns not to do that again.

This team's depth is the only reason they could suffer two starters being out of the game before the midpoint of the first half and still win!

Pack wins 86-80.

Ken

You got to bring it every game in the ACC. The holes beat Pitt by 20. Pitt beat Lville. Lville beat the holes by 20. It is shaping up to be a crazy season. The one thing I feel good about is we under Keatts will bring it every game. We brought it Tuesday but just did not hit the shots. A loss today would have mean the holes beat us twice. That did not happen but I believe we played a part by our effort Tuesday night in the holes big loss today.

As Ken mentioned this was a big gut out win today being 2 players down for most of the game. From what I heard Markell is ok and hopefully will be back Tuesday. I believe Wyatt felt the Pitt player was trying to kick him and his emotions got the best of him. He has got to be better than that.

Thread Information