The 2018-19 athletic season has concluded for NC State. Football starts in two months! See you then!

Thread: @ Louisville

Default @ Louisville

On Thursday, the Pack concludes their three game road streak at Louisville. The Cards shocked UNC at the Dean Dome, handing the Heels their worst home loss with Roy Williams as a coach, and followed it up with a ten point home win over Boston College. Game time is 20:00 eastern, broadcast on the ACC Network.

Ken

Need Johnson at 100% if we're going to win this one.

A 3 game road streak without our starting point guard and we go 1-2 with the loss tonight. What I would have expected if I had known we would face this stretch without Markell however I would have thought the one win would have been against Wake. We need Markell to close these type of games out. The one glaring stat that has been our problem the whole season is Lville made 14 more free throws than we did. Of course they attempted 22 more. Wake made 16 more free throws than we did and attempted 19 more. Look at just about every game and we are getting beat at the FT line. Hell we would be undefeated if that stat was evened out. That is a problem and it is not all officiating. Like our aggression but got to cut down on the fouls. And yes, we need a healthy Markell!!!!

I didn't see this as a likely win because Louisville is a very good team, way underranked at #23. They showed how good they are when the blitzed UNC at the Dean Dome.

Markell Johnson is our best player and we have not been as potent without him.

This was a very tough stretch in our schedule.

Ken

If Pitt, Wake, Notre Dame and Louisville was a tough stretch what do you call Clemson, Virginia, Va. Tech and the Holes?
    Contributing to global warming one breath at a time.

I also noticed the ACC schedule the Clemson for 2pm tomorrow after an Away night game yesterday. I don't think they scheduled any other school that short of a turn around (38hrs). Will the team practice today if they landed at RDU today?
    Contributing to global warming one breath at a time.

I call that some home games!

That does tend to make a big difference.

Ken

Just want to point out that with their win today at home versus Pitt, that Louisville is tied for first place in the ACC with a 6-1 record. My point again is that they are ridiculously underrated at #23. We played a quality game there, especially without Markell Johnson.

Ken

Thread Information