Basketball season ends as NC State loses to Iowa in the NCAA Sweet16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2/5 unc-ch

Default 2/5 unc-ch

The Pack has lost 3 of 4 heading into a road contest at Chapel Hill. If there was a time to pull off an upset, it would be now.
    Last edited by Derreck; 5th February 2019 at 06:22.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

We need to win this game. The team needs it for their confidence. We have had only two wins, since the Pitt game. I can really see things getting out of control, with a three game losing streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Gene Vane View Post
    We need to win this game. The team needs it for their confidence. We have had only two wins, since the Pitt game. I can really see things getting out of control, with a three game losing streak.
    I agree with you because of the confidence factor.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Stallings View Post
    I agree with you because of the confidence factor.

Ken
    Confidence factor be damn. Our confidence factor went 9 for 54 from the fing floor Saturday. We need Markell Johnson to be Markell Johnson. His 0-5 Saturday was 10 times worse than Beverly's 0-12. I blame Beverly's first 7 misses on Beverly. His other 5 was on Keatts. This team feeds on Johnson. You look at our biggest wins and even our near upset over UVA and it was Johnson. We have some good pieces that play hard for Keatts but the one talent that we have is Johnson. I don't know if he has been confused about his role this season after finishing 2nd in assist in the Nation last season but he needs to put the ball in the damn basket this season like he has done the 2nd half of a few games this season.

Bottom line is Johnson has a big game Tuesday and we have a chance. Johnson has a big game in every game the rest of the season and we may still lose Tuesday and maybe against Duke but that would be it. That is why we lost to Wake. No Johnson. That is why we only scored 24 points this past Saturday because Johnson although there physically was not really on the court. Yea we squeaked by ND without him by inspired play and hustle but I tell you we will not win another game through the Duke game without him coming up big and that includes Pitt on the road.

Keatts, to this point, has never had a 3 game losing streak as State's coach. Can we continue that?
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

The question is the team's performance on the court. Anything remotely like Saturday, and we couldn't beat another team in the ACC, and this game would get very ugly indeed!

Ken

Amazingly in just 2 games we go to one of the worst offensive performances in Pack history (24 points) to one of the worst defensive performances (as far as points allowed). I think you have to go back to 1979 when Maryland dropped 124 on us to find more points allowed. If I would have known before the game that we would have scored 94 points tonight I would have bet a lot of money we would have won the game. Big stat-the holes went 31-37 from the FT line. We went 15-24. That is 16 points in a 17 point game.

I think we have to agree that we overregarded the skill of this team after beating Auburn and earning a national ranking. We don't appear able to compete with the elite teams in the conference.

Ken

I think it is a few things. 1, we are not the same team without Markell playing at an elite level and he has not been the same since his injury. One wonders is he still injured? 2, this was a tough stretch. We have some winnable games over the final 8 games and we could still end up dancing.

Coach Avent

Quote Originally Posted by Derreck View Post
    Keatts, to this point, has never had a 3 game losing streak as State's coach. Can we continue that?
    Nope.

We are getting worse, not better.

Thread Information