Basketball season ends as NC State loses to Iowa in the NCAA Sweet16

Thread: FSU dismisses QB Deondre Francois

Default FSU dismisses QB Deondre Francois

That is big because I dont know of any other QB on the roster at FSU who can play that style of offense.

Taggart has royally screwed up his handling of QB position.

- Day 1 appears Francois was guy from start (though injured) ... alienates Hockman since no real shot (transfers to State)
    - Francois has injury (many say quits during Clemson) so plays Blackman vs us (Blackman looks ok) starts Francois again rest of way (Blackman puts name in portal...guess he could still stay, but may wish to go still)
    - Stops recruiting Howell (UNC)
    - Francois kicked off team
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Do we know why he was dismissed?

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Stallings View Post
    Do we know why he was dismissed?

Ken
    There was an audio recording of him and his girlfriend physically abusing each other. She is now coming out saying she made it up...
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Also the word is that Blackmon is now staying. He is the only scholarship QB on the roster...

Coach Avent

Quote Originally Posted by Derreck View Post
    There was an audio recording of him and his girlfriend physically abusing each other. She is now coming out saying she made it up...
    How can someone "make up" an audio?

These situations can be strange and unpredictable. I will say that in this era we live in, it has become vital to ensure a fair and impartial analysis of such a situation is made before leaping to punish someone. Too often we are erring on the side of immediate punishment prior to completing that fair investigation.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Stallings View Post
    How can someone "make up" an audio?

These situations can be strange and unpredictable. I will say that in this era we live in, it has become vital to ensure a fair and impartial analysis of such a situation is made before leaping to punish someone. Too often we are erring on the side of immediate punishment prior to completing that fair investigation.

Ken
    The girlfriend was the one who released the audio so I guess she is claiming that she altered it to make him look bad. There are still things on there, regardless, that will likely still keep him off of the team.

Coach Avent

Well, it's all about the details, but often we are spring loaded to ruin the guy without waiting for the evidence, facts, or investigation. And, our college campuses have often been the worst usurpers of that fundamental right.

Ken

Thread Information