#13 NC State takes two of three on the road against #15 UNC to finish the regular season with 41 wins!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SKJ is no longer on team

Default SKJ is no longer on team

He's gone. No reason given. Anyone got a scoop?

Still waiting on some stuff, not 100% sure what the deal is. I should know more this morning.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

I will say, I am hearing that it was not SKJ's decision, it was Keatts. Also there could be a chance he works his way back on the team. But I am trying to find out more.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

For those who may not know, this is Sacha Killeya-Jones, who transferred to NC State from Kentucky, and was sitting out this season. He played two seasons at Kentucky and was a McDonald's High School All-American out of Lynchburg, VA.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports....ins-uncertain/

The official word is that he is "currently not with the program," and no one is willing to go further than that, at least at this time.

https://twitter.com/jwgiglio/status/1095888889837965313

Ken

Word on other forums is he's been dismissed for skipping classes, after already being warned for...skipping classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Nicholson View Post
    Word on other forums is he's been dismissed for skipping classes, after already being warned for...skipping classes.
    Good riddance if this is true. Ok if he was a "one and done" but he did not make the "one and done" grade at Kentucky so he became a lowly "student athlete" which requires going to classes. I say lowly "student athlete" but it is not a bad thing because it gives you an opportunity to earn a degree at a very high quality institution that you would not be accepted to if it were not for your athletic ability. Look at the Power 5 programs with the exception of Louisville and a few others (why I still say Louisville does not belong in the ACC and why ECU should never get in the ACC) and the acceptance standards are generally no less than the top 10% of high school classes get in. I know personally because my son was an A student and top 10% in his HS class and got deferred at NC State before getting accepted late in the spring of his senior HS year. I would say less than 10% of ACC basketball players meet the acceptance standards of the school they play for. Not saying they are not academically eligible by NCAA standards but the NCAA represent a lot of Universities in D1, D2, D3 (Louisville and ECU included) and I would say most meet the minimum requirements to participate but not be accepted by a university that most of the Power 5 represents.

Missed opportunity is the biggest shame in all this. Whether or not you get drafted and make millions you have a chance to get a degree from an institution that is way above your pay grade. NC State ranks in the top 10 as far as value for a 4 year degree. Zion Williams, Reddish, and Barrett will probably make more money in less than a year than most Duke medical school graduates do in several years. Unfortunately they may be one injury away from having that all taken away and do you really think Zion attends classes??????

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Nicholson View Post
    The school did not want this information out. So if an insider published this information, then someone has some explaining to do. I am going to bet it came from Pack Pride? Those Yahoo's dont care what sources they trample on to get a story out. It will bite them in the long run.

Coach Avent

Quote Originally Posted by Derreck View Post
    The school did not want this information out. So if an insider published this information, then someone has some explaining to do. I am going to bet it came from Pack Pride? Those Yahoo's dont care what sources they trample on to get a story out. It will bite them in the long run.

It's pretty much the difference between true journalism and voyeurism. The media today enjoys the same kind of personal destruction efforts of tabloid papers and that is really voyeurism.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Stallings View Post
    It's pretty much the difference between true journalism and voyeurism. The media today enjoys the same kind of personal destruction efforts of tabloid papers and that is really voyeurism.

Ken
    Yep, also there is a chance (albeit a small one) that SKJ could work himself back onto the team if he chooses too so the school wanted this information inhouse.

Coach Avent

Well, if the issue is what was brought out, then I for one want him to dedicate himself to academics for his own needs and interests and basketball, whether with NC State or not, would be a bonus!

It just annoys the crap out of me to see people throw away such rich opportunities as being on a full ride academic scholarship to a great school.

Ken

Thread Information