NC State got smacked on the road 44-27 at West Virginia to fall to 2-1.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lockett arrested (Charges dropped)

Default Lockett arrested (Charges dropped)

Assault on a female.

News has been quite bad the last 12 hours.
    Last edited by Derreck; 1st March 2019 at 13:02.

We, we did win two important games yesterday so there is good news.

I would encourage everyone to be patient with the Lockett situation. I am not saying he did or did not do anything, but State is going to check everything out before handing out its punishment. That is why State said he is not playing for personal reasons vs. saying he has been kicked off the team.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Quote Originally Posted by Derreck View Post
    We, we did win two important games yesterday so there is good news.

I would encourage everyone to be patient with the Lockett situation. I am not saying he did or did not do anything, but State is going to check everything out before handing out its punishment. That is why State said he is not playing for personal reasons vs. saying he has been kicked off the team.
    100% endorse every inch of this statement!

Folks, I try hard not to be part of the conspiracy mob, or better put the Twitter mob. But, the truth is that college campuses today are replete with example after example of women lodging complaints and the system rushes to condemn the man and more often than not sadly, the full afterglow of facts show that the man ended up getting railroaded. This is especially true with regard to prominent athletes.

All accusations deserve and need objective and complete investigation. I just repeat what Derreck well wrote, we just need to be patient and not rush to judgment.

Thanks!

Ken

Duke lacrosse certainly taught us to look before we leap. Still, a program athlete being arrested is not the type of news we need. Hope this is a "misunderstanding".

Keatts has announced this morning that Lockett has been suspended from the team. The victim has asked for charges to be dropped however she is still saying there was a physical altercation. I think Keatts hands are tied anytime there is an arrest much like he had to suspend Markell last season until he was cleared. Obviously all we can do is see how it plays out.

I believe ACC bylaws mandate a suspension whenever a player is arrested. However, an arrest is a low burden of proof and there are many people who are arrested who are acquitted, plus many more who see the charges dropped later.

Ken

@jwgiglio BREAKING: The assault charges against NC State basketball player Eric Lockett have been dismissed by the Wake County district attorney's office. There was video evidence in Lockett's favor that led to the dismissal

@jwgiglio continued:
    A student-conduct investigation by university has to be completed before Lockett is eligible to return to the team but the legal portion of the case has been resolved
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Statement from @PackMensBball on guard Eric Lockett: “Eric Lockett’s status with our men’s basketball program has not changed, as there is still an ongoing campus review of the matter.”

Coach Avent

Sadly, once again I smell the presumption of guilt that seems to plague so many college based incidents such as this. There have been more than a few egregious examples of third parties inserting themselves into a situation where neither of the two people involved even thought anything wrong took place. One such situation saw two people playfully tussling with each other laughing over it, and some other person made a complaint and the man had his life turned upside down! As a society, we have got to get back to the proper presumption of innocence, and that does not mean that the accused has his name dragged through the press and his privileges (such as varsity sports access) be immediately taken away pending the investigation.

What is wrong with conducting the investigation and only suspending a player AFTER the investigation determines something wrong actually took place! Did our country really suffer back in the day when the presumption of innocence was actually practiced!

I frankly don't like what our country has become -- knee jerk reflexive in presuming the man guilty of these charges.

Ken

Great news. Hope the university process is quick and we get him back in time for the ACC tournament.

Thread Information