#13 NC State takes two of three on the road against #15 UNC to finish the regular season with 41 wins!

Thread: 2/20 Boston College

Default 2/20 Boston College

Need this one at home.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

The path to the NCAA Tournament likely requires 21 to 22 wins. Run the home slate and 22 wins in the regular season is achievable.

Ken

BC mounted a determined effort, but the Pack dominated overtime to win 89-80.

Ken

Pack wins 89-80 in OT. Nothing is easy for this team. Pack was in control of the game and lead by 14 in the 2nd half before allowing BC to go on a 20-4 run. Pack went on a 7 plus minute field goal drought against the BC 3-2 zone during that stretch.

I heard something was going on with Markell this game. Tony Haynes mentioned possibly sickness. He was taken out late in the 2nd half for Daniels whom Haynes mentioned was for Daniels defense and Haynes said Markell was bent over on the sidelines and would not be returning however he did come back in during OT. Hope he is ok. I will say Daniels had a hell of a game tonight. He has been our one player that can kill us on certain nights with shot selection and erratic play and then make it look like we cannot live without him on other nights. Daniels has been our Alerrik Freeman of 2019. Fortunately he has another season to tune it up and be more consistent unlike one and done Freeman. I hope so because he does hustle his butt off.

Blowing a 14pt 2nd half lead and needing OT to beat a bad BC team, at home, does not instill confidence in me.

I don't think BC is a bad team this year. They have ACC wins over then #11 Florida State, plus Pitt and Miami, plus a road win at Wake Forest. At the time this game was played, they were only two slots below us in the conference standings.

We face them at their barn to conclude the regular season and that would be a very nice road win if we can get it.

Ken

BC is currently 13-12. They aren't Wake Forest bad. But they are not very good either.

I would say BC is not a good team via their record but a very capable team as evidence of their FSU win. Last night was simple. After we got a 14 point lead they shut us down with their 3-2 zone. Keatts adjusted in OT by running man offensive sets rather than the zone sets we were running in the 2nd half. Hopefully we have that figured out now and remember it when we go to to BC the last game of the season.

Thread Information