NC State got smacked on the road 44-27 at West Virginia to fall to 2-1.

Thread: Wake Forest

Default Wake Forest

OK, it's time for the Pack to remember and get even! This game is huge for NCAA implications. It is a home win that is very much achievable and needs to be gotten! The team stands now at 19 wins after the home win against BC. Twenty wins puts them right there.

Ken

Gotta have this one...
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Absolutely cannot lose this game.

Wake is not mathematically the worst team in the league. They are above Pitt and Notre Dame in the standings. They are coming off a road win at ND. We know how hard it was to eek out a victory in South Bend and twice against Pitt. We need to go into the game with a respect for our opponent and we need to play our ass off. Yep Wake is a bad team but this is the ACC and Wake like BC maybe bad but have good athletes and very capable like we should have learned the last time we played them.

And yes, I agree with Derreck and Matt, "Got to have this one", and "absolutely cannot lose this game". Go Pack!!!

Just read where they are going to honor Tony "Buckets" Warren at the game tonight. Lets hang 100 plus on Wake tonight for "Buckets". And preferably keep Wake under 100.

Quote Originally Posted by LSmith View Post
    Just read where they are going to honor Tony "Buckets" Warren at the game tonight. Lets hang 100 plus on Wake tonight for "Buckets". And preferably keep Wake under 100.
    I meant TJ "Buckets" Warren. I am actually old enough to remember his Dad playing for us so I catch myself calling T.J. Tony often.

The Pack remembered! The Pack got even! A nice 94-74 laugher at home as NC State earns its 20th overall win.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by LSmith View Post
    I meant TJ "Buckets" Warren. I am actually old enough to remember his Dad playing for us so I catch myself calling T.J. Tony often.
    Well, his first name really is Tony, so you really didnít make a mistake by leaving out the J!

Ken

Well after Johnson dropped 19 in the 1rst half I was thinking he might drop 41 and honor the true "Buckets" but that has never been his style. I really like Markell got his production in the 1rst half. I know he has often been erratic and has nursed a lot of injuries but I still feel he will leave this program as one of the best point guards in Wolfpack history. The best thing I liked about this game is the quality minutes by Hellems and Harris. Hellems dropped 14 and Harris was big defensively and ran our offense at several key points. Those 2 are the backbone of our program. They are quality 4 year players. Keatts will have 5 star players coming in like Lecque but the backbone the next 4 seasons will be Hellems and Harris.

Bottom line we won a game that we "got to have" and Absolutely cannot lose" be 20 points. Go Pack!!

Thread Information