NC State closes out the regular season with a road win at BC. The Pack finishes eighth in the ACC regular season.

Thread: Spring Practice 2019

Default Spring Practice 2019

Spring Practice has started. Post updates here as you see them...
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Wow! Football already!

Ken

I will start with the position that will be most talked about, QB's. All 4 QB's looked good in the limited practice time that was open. Matt looked really good as did Devin. Both Hockman and Evans looked decent, but the issue they have right now is being behind both Matt and Devon in experience in the offense.

Right now, I would put Matt McKay as 1a, Devin Leary as 1b. Bailey Hockman as 2 and Ty Evans as 3.

Just my personal opinion, I think this will be a 3 horse race and Ty Evans will end up red shirting. Hockman can win the job but will need the spring to get up to speed.

Matt is a redshirt sophomore, Bailey Hockman is a redshirt sophomore, Devin Leary a redshirt freshman, and Ty Evans a true freshman. It will be interesting to see how this all unfolds through the season.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

IMO I feel Leary will be the starter against ECU. Really curious to see how the LB core shapes up. Got some good young talent there. Is Payton Wilson back to full strength?

For LB's Moore, Acceus, and Miller were the main 3.

Wilson has been cleared but the staff is taking it slow with him. He looked good and fluid, no limp or anything that was noticeable.

Coach Avent

Thread Information