#13 NC State takes two of three on the road against #15 UNC to finish the regular season with 41 wins!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ACC Tournament

Default ACC Tournament

We face Clemson at noon on Wednesday. We beat Clemson the one time we played them on a last second shot but without a healthy Markell. Win and we play UVA in the quarter finals. We took UVA to OT in Raleigh. I always felt in the ACC tourney you have a slight advantage playing the day before. That certainly worked well for BC when they beat us last year. Beat UVA and we play either Wake, Miami, Va Tech, or FSU with FSU being the higher seed and on fresher legs. I can guarantee you it will not be Wake or Miami and hell I would rather play FSU than VA tech but win that game and we are playing either Duke or UNC for the championship, or Louisville or Syracuse and it is not worth mentioning who plays on Tuesday on that side of the bracket but more than likely UNC or Duke. A very winnable bracket in IMO.

Hell I don't give a damn as far as the NCAA selection process determined how far we go in the ACC tourney. I already determined Selection Sunday will be stress free for me when we loss to Ga Tech on Senior night. I will be at the beach celebrating St Patrick's Day on selection Sunday. No I will not be drinking green beer but I will be drinking a lot of beer and hell if we do win the ACC tourney I will be drinking red beer, probably Killians Red. That goes well with St Pattys day. What I am saying is just sit back and enjoy the ride. It could end on Wednesday or hell it could end on Saturday. We have seen a lot lesser talented teams make it to the finals of the ACC tourney like Sendeks and Lowes 1rst teams. Regardless I will probably see the results of selection Sunday on Monday with a hangover.

They call it March Madness for a reason. There is no doubt it could swing either way on selection Sunday. Win the tourney and leave no doubt.

Miami defeats WF in Game 1...
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Notre Dame defeated Georgia Tech

Pittsburgh defeated Boston College
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

The game is ongoing between NC State and Clemson. But, I found it interesting that Joe Lunardi's latest bracket (which includes Gonzaga's shocking upset loss), has both Clemson and NC State in the field. Clemson being one of the last four in. Lunardi has the ACC earning nine selections for the Dance.

Ken

Our play in the first half was lifeless, allowing Clemson huge numbers of open breaks for easy points. Add that to lazy closing on open perimeter shooters and it contributed to a season best Clemson shooting effort from the three line. The result is a 42-26 halftime deficit for the Pack. A blowout loss in this game could render NC State out of the NCAA field simply because it would be two underperforming efforts in their last three games, and late season trends are taken into account. You have to show the selection committee that you are a hungry team looking to play hard.

Ken

What a comeback. Johnson willed us to victory in this one. 23 Points!

Coach Avent

One of the most incredible comebacks in the history of the ACC Tournament! Given how tight the outcome was, I can see Clemson remaining in the last four in group.

This should solidify our NCAA bid, likely putting us in as a ten seed.

Ken

Yeah I feel we are in the dance after this game. Still seeing "last 4 in" projections but I don't know. We did not go to Charlotte just to beat Clemson. Let's win tomorrow, and then again on Friday, and then again on Saturday. Worry about dance seeding on Sunday. Lets get a banner.

And yes, Markell put our post season hopes on his back today.

Turns out this was he second greatest halftime deficit overcome in ACC Tournament history. Also, currents odds are 74% that Clemson retains the ninth and final ACC bid in the Dance this year.

And yes, letís go now for the brass ring!

Ken

Thread Information