Basketball season ends as NC State loses to Iowa in the NCAA Sweet16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3/19 Hofstra @ Reynolds

Default 3/19 Hofstra @ Reynolds

Well, one good turn of events is that this game will be played in Reynolds. For those that have never watched a game at Reynolds, you might want to go to this one. If it wasn't for prior obligations I would head to this one myself.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

NIT rule modifications
    The NIT continues to experiment with rules in its tournament. Some changes in the NIT have eventually seeped its way into the mainstream of college basketball, such as the 30-second shot clock and four-foot restricted-area arc.

The NCAA playing rules process operates on two-year cycles, rule changes can be approved this May, and could be in effect for next season. There will be four rule modifications for the 2019 tournament:

-The 3-point line will be extended by approximately 1 foot, 8 inches to the same distance used by FIBA for international competition (22 feet, 1.75 inches).

-The free throw lane will be widened from 12 feet to 16 feet, consistent with the width used by the NBA.

-The shot clock will reset to 20 seconds after an offensive rebound instead of the full 30 seconds.

-Team fouls will reset at the 10-minute mark of each half for the purpose of determining free throws and one-and-one free throws will be eliminated. Teams will shoot two bonus free throws after the fifth team foul of each 10-minute segment. Additionally, teams will be awarded two bonus free throws after the second team foul committed under two minutes remaining in each half if that foul occurs before the fifth team foul of the segment. In each overtime period, team fouls will reset, and teams will shoot two free throws beginning with the fourth team foul or the second team foul committed under two minutes remaining if that comes before the fourth team foul of the overtime period.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Quote Originally Posted by Derreck View Post
    Well, one good turn of events is that this game will be played in Reynolds. For those that have never watched a game at Reynolds, you might want to go to this one. If it wasn't for prior obligations I would head to this one myself.

I cannot make it tomorrow night either but I assume if we win we will be in Reynolds again on Thursday as the Canes has another home game. I can more than likely make that one if tickets are available.

Quote Originally Posted by Derreck View Post
    NIT rule modifications
    The NIT continues to experiment with rules in its tournament. Some changes in the NIT have eventually seeped its way into the mainstream of college basketball, such as the 30-second shot clock and four-foot restricted-area arc.

The NCAA playing rules process operates on two-year cycles, rule changes can be approved this May, and could be in effect for next season. There will be four rule modifications for the 2019 tournament:

-The 3-point line will be extended by approximately 1 foot, 8 inches to the same distance used by FIBA for international competition (22 feet, 1.75 inches).

-The free throw lane will be widened from 12 feet to 16 feet, consistent with the width used by the NBA.

-The shot clock will reset to 20 seconds after an offensive rebound instead of the full 30 seconds.

-Team fouls will reset at the 10-minute mark of each half for the purpose of determining free throws and one-and-one free throws will be eliminated. Teams will shoot two bonus free throws after the fifth team foul of each 10-minute segment. Additionally, teams will be awarded two bonus free throws after the second team foul committed under two minutes remaining in each half if that foul occurs before the fifth team foul of the segment. In each overtime period, team fouls will reset, and teams will shoot two free throws beginning with the fourth team foul or the second team foul committed under two minutes remaining if that comes before the fourth team foul of the overtime period.
    Interesting. Much more closely aligned with NBA rules.

Ken

The Pack opened as an 11.5 favorite but the line has already been bet down to 9.5.

As I have seen other mention, traditionally teams expected to be in the NCAAT and end up in the NIT often to not play well and get eliminated. Its a tall task for Keatts to have the guys focused and ready to play tonight. Hopefully they come out with a chip on their shoulder and take care of business.

Coach Avent

We should match up well with them as they are a perimeter based team that relies heavy on 3s. As I mentioned in another post the 1 common opponent is Mt St Marys. We beat them by 50 and they beat them by 18 the very next game.. Will be interesting to see how the extended 3pt line effects this game.

Team took care of business in the second half and won 84-78.

Ken

Big win considering the emotional roller coaster this team has been on the past week. We are still playing and when we play on Sunday there will be 52 teams that did make the dance packing up their equipment for the year.

Very good 2nd half. If Johnson comes back next year, he and Lecque may be the best backcourt in the conference, perhaps country.

Nice win. I was really worried about this game. Hofstra can score as we saw and I was wondering what kind of emotional state we would be in after being disappointing not getting selected then having to play 48 hours later. Kudos to Keatts and staff for getting the boys focused. Also big shout out to Wolfpack Nation. The home atmosphere looked amazing on TV and it was LOUD. Nothing like playing in the old barn.

"They had a sixth man tonight. ... The smartest thing NC State Basketball ever did was playing this game here." -- Hofstra HC Joe Mihalvich

Coach Avent

Thread Information