NC State defeats Wisconsin 69-54 to uphold its part of the ACC-Big 10 Challenge!

Thread: 3/24 Georgetown/Harvard

Hybrid View

Default 3/24 Georgetown/Harvard

Pack set to host the winner of Georgetown/Harvard Sunday @ 7:30. So who would you like to play? Me I like to play Georgetown in Reynolds.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Same!

However, Harvard decided that they would rather travel to Reynolds! And it will be Reynolds for the same reason, as the Hurricanes are hosting Montreal at the same time the NIT game is scheduled. Frankly, I like it that way! I hope we can schedule lots of practice sessions so that Beverly can rediscover his three point stroke!

Ken

Well, I did not get the Georgetown match up I wanted but we still get to play a winnable game for us in Reynolds. And there is still a tie in to this game with Tommy Amaker being the HC at Harvard. Amaker will have the boys ready to play against the Pack so we best be ready ourselves.

UNC beat Harvard 77-57 earlier this year, FYI
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Two common opponents are Mercer and UNC. They beat Mercer by 4 and we beat Mercer by 4 in a game I feel Keatts was experimenting with different line-ups and calling off the pressure to work on our half court game. As Derreck mentioned they loss to the holes by 20 and we loss by 8 and 17 to them. In basketball it is a lot harder to go by common opponents like football. In basketball it is all about match-ups and I don't know that much about Harvard other than they are well coached by Amaker and I can promise you they are smart.

We live to play again!!! And from what I understand we will be in Reynolds again playing Lipscomb. This tournament is all about building for next season and to send our seniors (Dorn and Lockett) off on a winning note. We are on the right track. One more win and we are at MSG in the final four.

Harvard stayed in the game because they heaved up two prayers, both answered!

Yes, because Lipscomb beat UNC-G, we host the game at home.

Ken

Thread Information