Basketball season ends as NC State loses to Iowa in the NCAA Sweet16

Thread: 3/27 Lipscomb

Default 3/27 Lipscomb

The Pack is set to play Lipscomb at Reynolds for a trip to MSG and the NIT final 4 on the line.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Well, that was a heart breaker. Feel really bat for TD. He dosent throw that ball away at the end, we win that game.
    "You have to understand, I grew up a NC State fan. Every State-Carolina basketball game, football game, I've been there. It's fun, and if you like to competing and I love competing... that will be extra special."

Coach Avent

Quote Originally Posted by Derreck View Post
    Well, that was a heart breaker. Feel really bat for TD. He dosent throw that ball away at the end, we win that game.
    I was way, way too mad to post last night.

That game was stolen from us. The goaltending call was likely the 2nd most egregiously bad call I've ever seen. Worst since "the walk" on Corchiani. The goaltend and resultant tech was a 4 pt play. Also, the moving screen that wasn't a moving screen was horrendously bad.

I am way past sick and tired of BS calls and of 50/50 calls going 90/10 against us. Coach needs to throw a chair.

I would be mad, but I have become detached from this season, after getting my hopes up when we were ranked 15th. Only game that got me really mad was the Ga. Tech loss. Kind of had a feeling, when Markell scored with 5 seconds remaining, we were going to lose, like did with Ga. Tech. Lipscomb players were really locked in at the end of the game.

Anyway, the one big thing I'd like to see fixed for next year, which can be done with the existing talent, is to cut back on turnovers. We turn the ball over so much, and so carelessly, we negate the benefit from the steals we do make.

All I want for the off-season is for (1) all the returning players to return and (2) all the commitments to play for us next year.

We had 3 player transfer out, who should've been here for this year or next year: Batts, Steere, and SKJ. Bring the roster back, add the two recruits, maybe get a grad transfer, like Sam Hunt, who can shoot and not have to deal with roster chaos year in and year out, will be a relief.

The primary reason Lipscomb won this game was their guard Garrison Matthews, who not only played the game of his life, but the game of his team's history! He dropped 44 points, setting a new team single-game record.

That said, the game was altered by that phantom goaltending call with the quick technical that followed against Kevin Keatts. It wasn't merely the four point swing, but the change in game direction. The block likely would have led to another fast break opportunity and given us an opportunity to stretch the lead further to four points midway in the second half. As it was, the bad call and technical turned a two point lead into a two point deficit.

But, when someone drains 8 of 13 three point attempts, especially from the expanded NIT arc, then that's entirely on that player being in a unique kind of zone. It's hard to beat that. Only one other Lipscomb player was even in double figures. As great a game as Torin Dorn had to end his career at NC State, truth is that Garrison Matthews had a game for the ages, and it took every single point he scored for us to lose.

Ken

Thread Information